Report: Apple talking with carriers about $100 price jump for the Apple iPhone 6

Sure, lets shoot our own foot.... They need to stay competitive with the likes of Samsung and HTC. If the Galaxy S5 is $199 than the iPhone 6 should be the same.

If they release 2 models as rumored a 4.7 and a 5.5 I could see them perhaps selling the 5.5 for $100 more than the 4.7. But, I do not see them being able to raise the price of the base model. There is just too much competition now.

If they release 2 models as rumored a 4.7 and a 5.5 I could see them perhaps selling the 5.5 for $100 more than the 4.7. But, I do not see them being able to raise the price of the base model. There is just too much competition now.
I think it'll depend on if they up the baseline storage on the 6 to 32GB. I don't think a price increase is wise, but I do see the possibility of Apple offering the 6 in only 32, 64 and 128 GB varieties with the 5S and 5C as the 16 GB options.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If Apple is smart enough they will only charge $100 more for their bigger screen iphone 6. If they raise both then they can expect to lose customers. I won't leave Apple over it but I'll be waiting much longer until my next iPhone especially paying $100 more for a phone that is a little over a half inch bigger than the 5s.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If the iphone 6 meets my needs and expectations, I will sell off 2 shares of old Apple stock and buy one + an iwatch combo. I want a 64Gb model but I'm worried the size will be too big to carry around comfortably. I've never been a fan of these gigantic Samsung phablets people are hauling around today. Might as well turn back the clock to the old Motorola walkie talkie days.

My wish for the iphone 6 is the rumored OIS camera. I'll pay an additional $100 for that option. That excites me, especially if it is as good as the ones in my Panasonic and Sony camcorders.

I think that Apple has figured out that big improvements to the camera can really drive sales.

I will have to carefully evaluate both sizes (if they do 2) to see which one that I want. I just hope that they offer identical features (except screen size) with the two models. I do not want to be forced to go with the larger screen size for example just to get a better camera.

Agreed!

To any who desire the bigger phone size, How the heck do you carry these around all day? I like my Thunderbolt, but even my wife's iphone 5 is a little long for comfort. A woman doesn't mind since they carry them in big purses. I need a pocket or belt ( preferred) holster.

As an investor in the company I like that they offer all sizes to meet anyone's preference but bigger isn't my thing.

Agreed!

To any who desire the bigger phone size, How the heck do you carry these around all day? I like my Thunderbolt, but even my wife's iphone 5 is a little long for comfort. A woman doesn't mind since they carry them in big purses. I need a pocket or belt ( preferred) holster.
I carried the note 3 and after a few days, it just became normal. I always pocket carry mine, and up to that size I never had any issues. Currently carry the HTC 0ne M8 or the Nokia Icon, depending on the day, and both are 5 inch models that comfortably fit in any pants I have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)