REPORT BACK: 7.5FT MESH C-BAND INSTALL W/FINAL ADJUSTMENTS DONE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Thought I would post a feedback thread of thanks for all those who helped me get my first ever C Band dish up and running. It has now been "tweaked" so that I get every channel available from 72W to 137W including all (most all?) of the DVB S2 channels scattered across the sky.

It starts with TOUCANman who found the dish on CRAIGSLIST near me. I bought it for $30 and hauled it home including a 14ft 3 1/2" steel pole. My wife was not happy, as I already had 10 dishes and several receivers to get rid of, but that's another story. After many questions here and LNB problems, I removed the problem dual outlet LNB (I was only getting one polarity) and replaced it with a single. This I was finally able to fine tune on my due South (AnikF3@119W) and also my lowest Easterly satellite of AMC6@72W.

I now am hitting everything with a average QUALITY reading of 70% or better (OPENBOX), except for a few weak transponders at 53%.

I have it hooked to a splitter going to an OPENBOX S9 and a 4DTV GI DSR922. I cannot use both at the same time, but I have a workable system for now. I am using the OPENBOX connected to an XBox sat mover to move the dish. I ran the power side of the splitter to the 4DTV. I don't know if that's right or not as I did not check switching connections.

I'm afraid I am quite spoiled now looking at the HD feeds and channels through the OPENBOX S9 and a cheapo HD TV I bought for the bedroom at COSTCO. Now when I watch my main HD TV I am comparing channel quality between 4DTV subscription, KU FTA on a VIEWSAT PRO, and Dishnetwork pizza pan subscription soon to go with that C-Band picture in the bedroom....

I think I need another OPENBOX....:D

Attachments

• DCFC0001.JPG
    DCFC0001.JPG
    460.2 KB · Views: 213
Congratulations! I just put up my first C-Band dish as well. It was a challenging experience. I could not have did it if it were not for the help of all the great people here at SatelliteGuys. I have a 7.5' SAMI and I am getting similar signal strenghs as you are. I can get just about every DVB-S2 feed up, except for the RTV mux on AMC7 at 137W. Hopefully it stays that way.

Congratulations! Looks good. I have a HD TV connected to the S9 via HDMI "in the cave" but most enjoyment came from pumping the audio/video into a frequency agile modulator which feeds the cable, on an unused channel, to all the TV's in the house. Yeah it's only 480i, but it beats the local cable company NTSC quality, hands down. Remote extender(s) to run it. Found a firmware that made it even more "usable", 2011 08 30. Uploaded and is in moderator Que right now.
Oh, give yourselves a pat on the back for job well done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts