Report channels missing from the Super-DMA

I live in laplace LA. Zip code 70068..... MY SMDA date was 3 march 2005 I have not seen any difference On my OTA channels I live about half way Between Baton Rouge and New Orleans..... Am I doing any thing wrong????

Super DMA

I live in Lake Charles,La 70611. I have recieved the SDMA update. Channel 56.1 CBS (out of Lafayette) is there and working but no PG info. This station currently does not send out any PSIP Data.

Also PBS Channel 20.1 2 & 3 (shows as 18.3 & 5 on the PG) is messed up 18.3 is actually 18.5 and and 18.5 which should be 18.3 doesn't work at all.

DC UPN Channel 20.1 RF35 missing

Hi everyone,

Ever since the Washington DC Super DMA was fixed last Tuesday..I can scan
and receive both DCA and BWI stations except DC UPN channel 20.1 or RF-35 does not scan it..The VOOM manual tune says it is at 89-strength..However my other HD tuners are receiving it OK..

This needs to be reported..Tks..

Roy Smith

1. 12182
2. Albany, NY
3. 17-3 (17-2)
4. WMHT
5. 34
6. 99

I have had an ongoing issue with this sub-station and the voom stb, the super dma update is just the latest wrinkle. The station is WMHT, they broadcast on rf34 with 17-1 being the SD and 17-3 being the HD. Originally, the VOOM stb, tuned 17-3 on 17-2 with no PG Data. Then 17-2 dissapeared and 17-3 was in the PG with data, but the STB could not tune in. 17-1, however, tunes just fine. Then another PG update came along and my PG had both a 17-2 and a 17-3. 17-3 had PG data, but still could not tune. 17-2 tunes in, but no PG data. Finally, after the latest super dma update, 17-2 is gone. 17-3 is there with data, but still cannot tune-in. (17-1 still works fine, 17-3 comes in fine on my other OTA STB.)

I have also noticed this station changes their format for Station ID going from 1080i to 480i and back. The voom stb always gets confused and then either sits in black or leaves the wrong aspect ratio (looks squeezed) on screen until I channel-up/down to correct. But I guess this is another issue altogether.

Super DMA for Greenville, SC was rolled out several days ago, but I still have a problem. WSOC (ABC dt34) from Charlotte shows up in my guide, I can tune in and watch it, but I still get no program info. I do get program info for all of the other Charlotte networks, but not 9-1.

I live in Sulphur, LA 70663. I have recieved the SDMA update.

The PG for PBS Channel 20.1 2 & 3 (shows as 18.3 & 5 on the PG) out of Beaumont, TX is incorrect. What is playing on 18.3 shows up as if it's playing on 18.5 and vice versa. So when I'm watching Nature in beautiful High Definition, the guide says I'm watching Barney & Friends.

I do pick up more stations than I could before though. And that's cool.

Midland/Odessa DMA i don't know the number got its super DMA yesterday. It only added two stations, 6-1 which i don't know what this is, and 34-1 Fox out of Lubbock. I know I have gotten before 11-1 out of LUbbock, and 20-1,2 out of Abilene (Sweetwater). Can't all the stations from Lubbock and Abilene be added to the super DMA as I can get some of them some of the time. Thank you

Okay I now have the info. The Midland/Odessa DMA is 157. The channel that I wish were added to the super DMA are 5-1,2,3 (PBS Lubbock which is acutally 39-1,2,3 but is renamed 5-1,2,3 on my tv HD tuner), 27-1 (KAMC DT abc Lubbock) 40-1 (KLCK DT cbs Lubbock) 9-1,2,3 (KCBD-DT NBC Lubbock which I think actually comes up as 11-1,2,3) Soon 33-1 (KWES DT from Big Spring which is where i live) will be broadcast, and I will definitely need this one when it goes live. The most important one is 20-1,2 KTXS DT (cbs Abilene station broadcast out of Sweetwater), I can get this one very well and wish you would add it to the super dma as well. Thank you

Ok, a couple of days ago my OTA guide data disappeared for several channels and has not come back. Also, the channel descriptions changed for some channels and several are gone altogether, The numbers are there but the station identifiers are not. It has been working fine since installation and since superDMA upgrade a couple weeks ago until thelast few days.

I did the usual, soft reboot, hard reboot, re scanned locals, etc with no change. It is on all boxes, I have three. I have local map 0092. Zip code is 61434.

The satellite pg is fine. I have done several reboots, soft and hard and every time it comes back the same. Sat channels OK, locals screwed up. I noticed some of the stations have different call letters than before, the ones with the missing guide data. Example it used to say KWQC-D1 and KWQC-D2, now says KWQC-HD and KWQC-SD with no guide data. There is also some channels with just the number such as 18-2 and 30-1 with no call letters.

Thanks,

Tim

Hello,

I live in Lemoyne, PA, 17043, part of the Harrisburg, PA, DMA. I am able to get a 81 signal strength reading on WNUV out of Baltimore that has an RF channel of 40. It is missing from the EPG though most other Baltimore stations are on the EPG.

Please add WNUV to the Harrisburg Super-DMA.

Missing Channels from Phoenix, AZ Super DMA

Zip Code: 85086
DMA #: 0016

4-2 KVOA-SD RF#23 SigStrength:86 (Tucson)
33-2 KFPH RF#34 SigStrength:97 (Phoenix)
45-2 KUTPDT RF#26 SigStrength:93 (Phoenix)
46-1 KUVE-DT RF#47 SigStrength:86 (Tucson)

Missing channels from Midland/Odessa DMA #157
zip Code: 79720

20-1, 20-2 : KTXS, cbs Abilene
5-1,5-2,5-3 : PBS Lubbock
11-1,11-2,11-3 : KCBD nbc - Lubbock
27-1 : KAMC abc Lubbock
40-1 : KLCK cbs Lubbock
coming soon 33-1 KWES nbc, Big Spring

Update:
zip code: 79720
DMA: 157
New channel: 33-1,2,3 (this renames to 9-1,2,3)
KWAB NBC
note: in the midland/Odessa DMA which is what i am in in Big Spring, there is another 9-1,2,3 (KWES NBC). These are both KWES but the one in Big Spring (KWAB) is broadcast out of Big Spring, and I can get this one very well. If it is possible can you add 33-1,2,3 to my available local channels? Thank you

I also need 20-1 out of Sweetwater (ABC) thank you

Ilya said:
IMPORTANT: If your OTA channel map has been already updated to the new Super-DMA map and you are already getting program listings for new channels, please verify that you are getting PG listings for all of your channels. If you are missing PG listings for some of the channels that you can tune to, please report such channels in this thread. Your information will help VOOM in fine-tuning the Super-DMA maps.

Please post the following info:

1. Your Zip code
2. Your DMA map number if you know it, or just the City name.
3. Channel number as listed in the program guide.
4. Station call letters
5. RF number if you know it.
6. Signal quality, if you know, or just confirm whether it is coming strong.​
Please note, that the new program listings will not show up immediately. Post here only if you have started getting listings for other stations outside your DMA and you are certain that particular station is missing. All other postings will be deleted. Please use the following thread for discussion: Super-DMA is being released!

To discuss reception issues related to particular stations, please use corresponding threads of the VOOM "In Your Area" Forum.

Thank you for your help!

Ilya - the Super DMA for Sacramento came in last night - lots of new stations listed! :D Almost all have PG info, but there are two stations that do not. Here's the info as requested above:

My zip: 95602
DMA: 0019 Sacramento, CA
Channels:

2-1 KTVU HD (FOX) RF 56 Signal 94
2-2 KTVU-DT (FOX) RF 56 Signal 94

4-1 KRON-SD (NBC) RF 57 Signal 92
4-2 KRON-HD (NBC) RF 57 Signal 92

I believe both should be part of the San Francisco DMA as they are broadcasting from the same location as other San Francisco stations that are listed in the PG with info in the guide. Both show up in the guide but with "no info" listed.

Thanks,

Doug

KMSP Channel 9 is mess up in Minneapolis 0014. I think. It's showing Fox KMSPD1 and D2 (which should be 9-1 and 9-2) as being on 9-8 and 9-9. No signal. BUT they are coming in on 9-1 and 9-2, but the guide is showing 9-1 through 9-4 as being some PBS multicasting action by the call letters of KAWE.

It cost me an hour of my life I'll never have back. And all because my brother in law made me watch American Idol last week when we were visiting. Doh!

Got the Super DMA yesterday for Macon, Ga. map #122. Only 2 stations from neighboring Atlanta (map #9) appeared ( WAGAD1 and WUPAD1 ). There are several other Atlanta stations that I can receive:

WSB-HD D-39.1 Remapped-D-2.1 Analog-2
WSB-SD D-39.2 " D-2.2 (formally ABC Newsnow)
WAGA-HD D-27.1 " D-5.1 Analog-5 changed to WAGAD1 *new listing
WAGA-SD D-27.2 " D-5.2 "no new listing"
WXIA-HD D-10.1 " D-11.1 Analog-11
WXIA-SD D-10.2 " D-11.2 Dopplar Radar
WPXA-SD1 D-51.1 " D-14.1 Analog-51
WPXA-SD2 D-51.2 " D-14.2
WPXA-SD3 D-51.3 " D-14.3
WPXA-SD4 D-51.4 " D-14.4
WGCL-HD D-19.1 " D-46.1 Analog-46
WGCL-S1 D-19.2 " D-46.2 "new channel for March Madness"
WTBS-HD D-20.1 " D-17.1 Analog-17
WPBA-HD D-21.1 " D-30.1 Analog-30
WATL-HD D-25.3 " D-36.1 Analog-36 "currently not remapped"
WUPA-HD D-43.1 "not remapped" Analog-69 changed to WUPAD1 *new listing #69.1
WHSG-SD1 D-44.1 remapped D-63.1 Analog-63 "currently not remapped"
WHSG-SD2 D-44.2 " D-63.2 "
WHSG-SD3 D-44.3 " D-63.3 "
WHSG-SD4 D-44.4 " D-63.4 "
WUVG-DT D-48.1 " D-34.1 Analog-34

Also, no stations appeared from neighboring Columbus, Ga. (map #unknown). I can receive these stations from Columbus:
WRBL-SD D-15.1 remapped D-3.1 Analog-3
WSWS-HD D-31.1 " D-66.1 Analog-66
WYEA-HD D-35.2 " D-38.1 Analog-38
WTVM-DT D-47.1 " D-9.1 Analog-9
WXTX-SD D-49.1 " D-54.1 Analog-54

Also in the Macon DMA, channel D-16.1 remapped to D-24.1 Analog-24 WGXA is missing from the regular DMA map.
Thanks for any help.

tawhite said:
Ok, a couple of days ago my OTA guide data disappeared for several channels and has not come back. Also, the channel descriptions changed for some channels and several are gone altogether, The numbers are there but the station identifiers are not. It has been working fine since installation and since superDMA upgrade a couple weeks ago until thelast few days.

I did the usual, soft reboot, hard reboot, re scanned locals, etc with no change. It is on all boxes, I have three. I have local map 0092. Zip code is 61434.

The satellite pg is fine. I have done several reboots, soft and hard and every time it comes back the same. Sat channels OK, locals screwed up. I noticed some of the stations have different call letters than before, the ones with the missing guide data. Example it used to say KWQC-D1 and KWQC-D2, now says KWQC-HD and KWQC-SD with no guide data. There is also some channels with just the number such as 18-2 and 30-1 with no call letters.

Thanks,

Tim

Well, all of the sudden the OTA guide is back to normal, the station call letters are back to normal and the guide data is there except for a few stations.

Channel 8-1 WQADD1 show OFF AIR when is is not, need guide info
Channel 8-3 WQAD-SD says (no info)
Channel 25-2 WEEK-SD says (no info)
Channel 47-1 WTVPSD says (no info)
Chanel 47-2 WTVPHD says (no info)

Thanks,

Tim

More Info on Sacramento 0019 Super-DMA Update

dougmcbride said:
Ilya - the Super DMA for Sacramento came in last night - lots of new stations listed! :D Almost all have PG info, but there are two stations that do not. Here's the info as requested above:

My zip: 95602
DMA: 0019 Sacramento, CA
Channels:

2-1 KTVU HD (FOX) RF 56 Signal 94
2-2 KTVU-DT (FOX) RF 56 Signal 94

4-1 KRON-SD (NBC) RF 57 Signal 92
4-2 KRON-HD (NBC) RF 57 Signal 92

I believe both should be part of the San Francisco DMA as they are broadcasting from the same location as other San Francisco stations that are listed in the PG with info in the guide. Both show up in the guide but with "no info" listed.

Thanks,

Doug

Ilya - after a little more looking at the Super-DMA for Sacramento, I see another error that may be more significant than the omission of the guide info on the stations listed above. I noticed that the original channel 10-1 (KXTVD1 - ABC in Sacramento) in the pre Super-DMA map has been replaced by 10-1 KSBW (NBC) in Salinas.

Summary:

Incorrect Info:

10-1 KSBWD1 (NBC) RF 8 Salinas, CA

should be replaced by

Correct Info:

10-1 KXTVD1 (ABC) RF 61 Sacramento, CA

KXTV also has a 10-2 subchannel and it is correct in the guide. Just the 10-1 channel shows the problem.

Again, if you need more data, please let me know.

Thanks,

Doug

Most of the initial problems in the Pittsburgh DMA have been fixed over the past couple weeks. Every few days one of the errors would be fixed. Incase it was overlooked two errors remain.

The guide data for 57-1 WTOV-Steubenville should be moved to 9-1. WTOV sends PSIP data so it gets scanned in as 9-1 (and 9-2, the local radar), but the VOOM listings are on 57-1 which is the RF channel.

WNPB-Morgantown analog 24, RF 33. Guide data is still missing for 24-1, 24-2, 24-3. WNPB is located in the Pittsburgh DMA and is the only channel in the market missing guide data.

I have recently noticed the guide data is now also missing on TitanTV (sometimes I go over there for listings several days in advance) so if VOOM needs a contact for the channel their phone number is 304-556-4900 their schedule for all three channels can be obtained from http://www.wvpubrad.org/tv/tvgrids.htm

Thanks You VOOM Team for your hard work and dedication :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts