Report: DirecTV may offer $30 “premium” VOD movies this summer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your ticket prices is way off though. 95% of movies aren't in first run theater's past 30 days let alone 60 days. Second run theater cost $2 at most per ticket. The rest though I can't argue with.

we are talking/comparing 1st run @ $8 per ticket (I say cheap side assuming some people pay $9 and $10 per)

BUT on that note; if you lower the tickets to dollar sale (or whatever) still figure the rest of the math and it still is over $30 for 4, the food and the time/hassle will beat it; BUT at this point now DVD rental become an option.. That's why all these comparisons are regarding 1st run.

Araxen said:
Your ticket prices is way off though. 95% of movies aren't in first run theater's past 30 days let alone 60 days. Second run theater cost $2 at most per ticket. The rest though I can't argue with.

I really need to find a local second run theater around here. Cheapest around here is $5+ easy.

Nearest $1 theater is about 45 miles and minutes away, this really isn't a bad deal imho... for special occasions. Look at how many people pay the big bucks for PPV sporting events, some of which the main event is over quickly... (Tyson vs Holyfield the ear incident ;))

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)