Report: Justice Wants Turner or DirecTV Sale as Condition for AT&T-Time Warner Approval

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if selling DTV would necessarily mean selling UVerse with it. And maybe the UVerse ISP. That would surely be a game ender.

I’m beginning to think ATT will either fold or negotiate better terms.

Side note: with so many new competing ways of delivering a TV signal, I doubt Justice would prevent DTV-Dish merger. Their decision to allow one sat radio company, rather than NO sat radio company, comes to mind.

But I’m inclined to think Charlie would prefer no merger. Just buy slots and maybe sats in a fire sale. Keep in mind, those DTV Ka band sats were originally intended for Internet, a purpose to which they may one day return.

Do y'all remember when Dish and Directv wanted to merge??

That was Dish wanting a peek inside Directv’s books and for Dish to take advantage of the situation while Directv put everything in a holding pattern for a year.

Charlie had no intention of buying Directv. It was another bluff.

What a scam. Everyone was telling Directv customers Dish was buying them out, and people where being told they would loose service if they didn’t switch to Dish.

I got lots of sales that way back in the day.

Reactions: Jimbo
T-Mobile I am looking at you! Buy DirecTV!!!
Why, so you all can complain about the new company and how they are running it and ruining it ?
Not you specifically, everyone on the board that complains because they att owns it ..... most of the issues were there long before att took over, but people will certainly blame them.
Go ahead T moblie, welcome to the att scrutiny, lets hope they face the same ...

The ATT CEO said they would not get rid of CNN. I hope it’s Directv so then maybe it can redeem itself from I’m the ATT stinch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)