Report: NFL plans to host five regular-season games in Mexico

I think Goodell needs to understand that the NFL is AMERICA'S GAME!! I mean we need to stop losing games to England and Mexico.

Reactions: Jimbo
Why? First England now Mexico. It's bad enough we only have 8 home games.

This is pissing me off.

If England and Mexico want American football. Let them form their own league.

There was NFL Europa and it was a failure.

If the NFL wants to play a preseason game or exhibition game, or hell even the Pro Bowl in another country fine, but there is no way any regular season game should be played on anything but American soil. It was a huge victory for us Bills fans last year when the team broke their agreement with Rogers and ended our yearly game in Toronto. There have been rumors of having a team in London. It would be a travesty to have a team in London, but yet have San Diego, Oakland or St. Lois lose their team to LA. I wonder if Goodell even considers the local businesses in the markets that a home game is being stolen from when the game is moved to another country. Probably not.

There was NFL Europa and it was a failure.

If the NFL wants to play a preseason game or exhibition game, or hell even the Pro Bowl in another country fine, but there is no way any regular season game should be played on anything but American soil. It was a huge victory for us Bills fans last year when the team broke their agreement with Rogers and ended our yearly game in Toronto. There have been rumors of having a team in London. It would be a travesty to have a team in London, but yet have San Diego, Oakland or St. Lois lose their team to LA. I wonder if Goodell even considers the local businesses in the markets that a home game is being stolen from when the game is moved to another country. Probably not.
It also helped that the Blue Jays are upgrading Rogers Centre so that it can only permanently host baseball(baseball only stadium),& the only alternative for playing football is BMO Field,which is being refurbished for the Argonauts to be able to play there & with temporary seating,can seat 40,000 fans,10,000 below the minimum that the NFL allows NFL teams to play in. Also,Goodell has been weakened so badly by deflategate,he couldn't stop all three teams,the Chargers,Raiders,AND the Rams,from moving to Los Angeles(the Chargers & the Raiders will share a stadium in Carson,& the Rams' owner will build a stadium out of his own pocket for the Rams in Inglewood). Meanwhile,the Jaguars will move to St. Louis from Jacksonville. So,thanks to Goodell's blundering,Oakland(which really is no loss),Jacksonville,& San Diego will lose football teams.

9a96390f1a7c9f302c84837dee062ddc0ebf397f9ef5945877e2195d48a1ccc0_large.jpeg

I really don't like the London games and this is just kinda blah for me.

Logistically, it is a nightmare for team travel to London. Mexico is no big deal. I have no issues with them playing in Mexico.

There is intrigue and $$$$ throughout the world in American football. This thing to assume it 'belongs' to the US is narrow minded (not directed at you Ramy) when it comes to business. In the end, the owners are not in it for the fans as much as they are in it for the money. The sooner fans like realize this, the less chances you will be disappointed by anything the league will do.

Then they need to get their own league. Nobody said that American Football is just for Americans.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Back in 2005, the 49ers- Cardinals regular season game in Mexico City, set an NFL attendance record of 103,647.

I have to check if that record is still holding, and I wonder what the attendance would be nowadays.

And THERE in lies the reason they want to do games abroad. IF you think that the NFL senior hierarchy care what fans really want, they would have the owners pay for the monster stadiums, not the city and the fans with bonds and seat licenses and hose jobs like this. Those are big pay days for the 2 teams and the league without the expenditures of hosting a game, unless I am wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts