Reportback Status

voomvoom

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 18, 2004
Lizella, Georgia Republic
I've had a hit on my reportback status 2 days in a row now, both were UNSUCCESSFUL (as my phone is not connected)... the first one on the first of July at a little before 9 p.m. est and the second one on the second of July at about 9:30 p.m. est... also had one on June 25 and the one before that was May 26... beginning to look regular... my guess is they may be fixing to start cutting people off... I hope not... I only have one STB, so I hope they will ignore me... if not I guess I'll be calling them every time they cut me off... it's just to easy to hook a phone line up... I'm told I don't like to do things the easy way... I'm to stuborn...

I have three boxes, one of which is currently connected to a phone line. I've had a couple of unsuccessful report backs (on the one connected) but they were in May.

If VOOM does start enforcing the phone line requirement, will the phone line have to be hooked up all the time? or can I just hook it up, let it do a call back then unhook it? Right now I'd have to string a long phone line across the room. I know about the wireless thingy from Radio Shack but I don't want to do that unless I have to.

Rick214 said:
If VOOM does start enforcing the phone line requirement, will the phone line have to be hooked up all the time? or can I just hook it up, let it do a call back then unhook it? Right now I'd have to string a long phone line across the room. I know about the wireless thingy from Radio Shack but I don't want to do that unless I have to.
I guess this will depend on how often VOOM will require that report back (and no one really knows now). If they do it often enough, you may find that a wireless extender is worth it.

Before VOOM enforces report back they need to fix the phone number. The number to call on my STB is 0. I've also heard of some that have numbers on the STB that are actually disconnected.

bryan27 said:
Before VOOM enforces report back they need to fix the phone number. The number to call on my STB is 0. I've also heard of some that have numbers on the STB that are actually disconnected.
When they send a call-back request to your box, it sets the phone number as well. So, I wouldn't worry about the current number showing or not showing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)