Repurpose HughesNet dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If the center of the feedhorn throat isn't at the exact position as the previous feedhorn, the reflector will need to be aimed higher or lower to compensate for the offset. This will result in reduced performance as the reflector is not designed to converge the reflected signals at the adjusted feedhorn position.

You will probably have better performance if the original feedhorn/scalar is used then mount a voltage polarity switched LNB like the Inverto Black Pro. The OEM feedhorn/ Scalar is designed to illuminate the shape and FD of the reflector, but the aftermarket LNBF will over/under illuminate the reflector with generic round pattern.

inverto-black-pro-single-flange-02db-lnb-idlp-sinf02-oopro-opp-c120.jpg

Reactions: KE4EST
Oh im certain im under iluminating the dish, its probably not catching all of the sides of the oval. After bending my bracket and installing it performance improved, and i added a second lnbf to catch 97w as well as 103w. It performs slightly better then the dishnetwork dish and i assume its because it is 6 inches taller= more signal reflected to the lnbf. Didnt have my phone at the shop or id share photos. The bracket i made puts the front cover about the same distance from the dish as the original. Moving the lnbf the little bit i can in made the signal worse and out from my starting point didnt do much. The lnbf centerline is roughly in the same centerline as the original was. Though none of the oval dishes out do the 90cm, 1m or 1.2m. Im just playing around and specifically wanted to let the OP know that you can receive fta with the hughesnet oval dish and what my findings were.

Good to know that there is another option to utilize more of the dish surface though. I guess im sharing what i find mostly for those that are 1) on a budget or 2) just want to dip a toe into fta. Actually the oval hughesnet dish is working good enough im considering putting it in my camper as the tv antenna rarely works the places we go camping, lord knows i have enough oddball receivers to use.

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts