Repurpose Orby for FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Can the Orby TV Dish/LNB be used with an FTA receiver? I’ve been wanting to try an FTA setup for awhile.
Yes, the Orby dish uses a linear lnbf and the dish is similar in size to a DirecTV Slimline. There are several threads here about modding a Slimline with a linear lnbf for FTA use. Should be easier with the Orby dish as you can use the original lnbf so just point and scan. Keep in mind with a dish that size there will be limits as to what you will be able to scan in. 97W would be a good start, then see what else you can get. If you give it a try please post your results back here.

P.S. Welcome to Satellite Guys! :)

I have 2 Slimline dishes and now the Orby dish, so I‘ll try both setups with the Orby lnbf. Appreciate the guidance; will check out the FTA threads.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I have 2 Slimline dishes and now the Orby dish, so I‘ll try both setups with the Orby lnbf. Appreciate the guidance; will check out the FTA threads.
If you mod the Slimlines take really careful measurements as to where the center of the original lnbf is located and the angle it faces the dish. It is critical that the replacement linear lnbf be located properly in order to get a useful signal.

If you would like to keep the Orby dish intact (good idea) you can pick up a quality lnbf for experimentation on the Slimlines here:

KE4EST is a member on this site and is very helpful and trustworthy to deal with. :)

These will come in handy for your experimentation as well. :)

A quick video from Youtube to give you the idea on how/where to mount a linear lnbf on a Slimline. It's not detail rich but will give you the basic idea of what you need to do. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)