Reputable Dealers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well for the USA I have used Skyvision, Mike and a few ebay dealers, and maybe a few others.

In Canada I now really only use rpssat, I have dealt with kusat and vi tesse, import best buys all local, and dbv maser It think thats the name? not sure if he is still around.

Never really had a problem with any of them, I like dealing local and Roger brings in the product I need, and is willing to go the extra mile for a customer, and I appreciate that, plus the other locals made me feel like I was nuts still loving my big dish, and telling me to use Dish net haha, so I made my decision on who I do business with.

For Rick, I do not deal with him because of what he did back in the day taking info from our private feed site over at satforums and posting it in the open, in my mind he has his site for everyone to see so he can move more receivers but thats my opinion, I have a few friends that purchased from him with no issues at all.

For Canucks I second RPS SAT. Have had good communications with them and placed an order this morning.

Cheers, K

You yourself gave some valid reasons why people should not order from him.

You say that I gave valid reasons why people shouldn't order from Rick? I'd like you to quote that post or statement from me please, because it doesn't exist...

I have no problem with somebody saying they "would never" order from anybody (including Rick), but you all should understand that people consider others here to be "experts", and what we say GOOD or BAD, can be taken as gospel by newbies and others that aren't informed. The only fair thing to do, is post a reason WHY you would never order from a particular company. That way people can make a better judgement whether it's valid, shows a pattern, might also affect their order, or just could be a 'one of those things' issue.

If somebody just flings out a statement that they would never order from somebody without the reason given, it's not fair and valid to that company.

@ Prime --> I dont know Rick, never did business with, never talked to him. The chap could have the best deals in the world for all I know.....but I dont like the way he runs his site which is enough to turn me off (am stubborn this way). Yet this is solely my opinion....

On Ebay I bought 50 compressor connectors from a seller with 100% feedback. Only received 25... ended up filing a claim w/ paypal because he was dicking me around for over a month. He waited until the last hour of Paypal's deadline to resolve it. I was surprised a seller with 100% feedback was behaving this way.

In business, you just can't please everyone.

Cheers, K

I buy most of my satellite parts from ebay sellers. I am a good junkyard dog and even get dishes and other parts free. Part of the fun of the hobby is hitting a bird 23000 miles away and getting a signal. There are lots of neat stuff to see and hear. Have fun and do not give up. Have been asked if want to sub to cable and say I have my own cable tv and radio system as others do. lyngsat.com is a good reference.

I don't buy from Rick's for two reasons..(1)- I know a few that didn't get good service (2)- I personally don't care for how I've seen him treat people on his forum that don't agree with him. No you can't please everyone I realize that. I was in the customer service business for over 20 years. I like a good attitude and standing behind what you sell.

You say that I gave valid reasons why people shouldn't order from Rick? I'd like you to quote that post or statement from me please, because it doesn't exist...

Sure it does... here is a direct quote from you, and its a valid point of why some won't buy from Rick.

What is the bias here against buying from Rick, or the constant demonizing of him? If it's because of openly posting feeds in his forum, I don't like that either

Those are your own words.

Sure it does... here is a direct quote from you, and its a valid point of why some won't buy from Rick.

Those are your own words.

Yup, those are my words, but I don't think that's a valid reason why somebody shouldn't buy from him, and I never said it was. I just asked if that was the reason some people were saying they wouldn't buy from him. So far since I posted asking for specific reasons, a few people have now given reasons that appear to be valid for them.
Only one person (tdti1) has said to not buy just because of him posting feeds openly, and that was because they think he stole the info from their forum.

I haven't seen that movie in a long time.

I got to admit I really enjoyed the Muppet Movie that came out last year, was well done and very true to the way Henson would have done it himself.

To clarify up front, I have never had to make a warranty claim on anything so far...

SatelliteAV is #1 on my list for anything they stock. Customer support is head and shoulders above anybody else.
I have never had a problem with Sadoun or Rick on multiple purchases from each.
For accessories, I have purchased from Summit Source multiple times and everything turned out fine although they're a bit slow to ship.

Regarding the motor, I have heard an awful lot of bad stories about the SG-2100. My first motor was a cheapo, can't remember what the part number was but it isn't around anymore, and it didn't last very long. I replaced it with a DG-380 from Sadoun over three years ago and it's worked great. Once in a great while it loses its marbles and forgets where the limits are, and I have to do the reset procedure to make it happy again, which has worked every time. There hasn't been even a hint of hardware trouble.

Has anyone had any experience with Galaxy-marketing? I am new to FTA and I want to get a 36" motorized system with a good receiver, I don't want inferior equipment, but also I cannot spend a large amount in case I don't like FTA or my area in Michigan is problematic. Thanks.

Has anyone had any experience with Galaxy-marketing? I am new to FTA and I want to get a 36" motorized system with a good receiver, I don't want inferior equipment, but also I cannot spend a large amount in case I don't like FTA or my area in Michigan is problematic. Thanks.

Hi, Taco100 Welcome to satguys.

Yes Galaxy-marketing is fine. However I would not start with a motorized system I would just start with one satellite then add a motor later on.
STB Choices.
DBS6000HD (No channel editor)
MicroHD
RS-1933

No Problems in Michigan.

why are you starting FTA ?
what are you wanting to watch ?
if you know answer to those 2 questions and need a motor to do it.get the motor
good luck

Galaxy-marketing ok

Galaxy Marketing is been a bad choice for me. Too many problems and poor quality. I don't recommend them.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys Taco!!

Thank you for the advice. Right now I just get ABC, CBS, and PBS. I want to see if I will enjoy foreign stations, and BBC America. I am planning to purchase a larger "TV antenna and put up my 30' tower this summer, to reliably get the regular over the air stations, as I live about 60 miles from any station.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Make sure that you buy a receiver with ability for h.264, MPEG 4, DVBS2 reception. Many receivers out there only receive DVBS, MPEG 2, but cost about the same as one that also receives these newer formats.

A DVBS MPEG2 receiver will get most of the standard definition channels on Galaxy 19 @ 97w, but most other satellites and an increasing number of channels require support for the newer formats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts