Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hi Everyone,

A co-worker of mine who has given up on "fta" because his eye-patch software no longer will give him free Dishnet has given me his Viewsat Pro PVR receiver. (He paid $200 for it just 3 years ago).

I've been trying to play with the receiver a bit to scan the C and Ku skies, but I've been finding that the eye-patch software that is installed on it is quite buggy. It double-scans channels, creates channel entries for non-existant signals, and the motor control is horrible (which I had heard before).

I am trying to find a factory firmware file to load on to this receiver to clean out the pirate firmware to see if the unit will work any better. I've done some searches online, and for the most part I've found the firmware on other sites, but they all require registration, and many of them still look like hacker sites - and I want to have no part of that.

If anybody has a good factory firmware file for a Viewsat Pro PVR receiver, could I get you to post it here? There's a firmware section here - we can likely get Iceberg or Scott to put the file there for others to find in the future.

Thanks!

I've found the firmware at a couple of 'hacker' sites.. I'd just rather not go through the whole registration process to the hack site, just to get a legit firmware. (Although it is questionable as to how legit the factory firmware is ;) ) I may just set up a hotmail account for the 1 shot registration :(

I did that once with an older receiver. Needed to clean out hackerware and the sewer had one. Made up a yahoo addy just to get it....and the damn thing still didnt work

This Viewsat Pro is a pretty neat unit. It has 'picture in picture' capability. I was listening to Mike and Ralf on Sat-Talk Live last night as I was browsing a few other video channels on 97 West.. The PIP feature I think for technical reasons is limited to the same transponder. I must admit that I like the way the blind scan works - it finds the transponder and then immediately loads the channels. Most other receivers I've ever seen in the past load all the transponders, then go searching for channels afterwards. It is just 'buggy' right now.

There is the viewsat pro, and there is the viewsat 7000 pvr, which do you have?

In my experience with these receivers the hacker software normally works better than the factory software,

While I don't own one of the VS Pro stbs, I did once own a VS Max HD(& hated it). Had to use a cleaner file on that too. Didn't find any factory software but....here's the "cleaner" file. It has been scanned & is free of bugs.;)
c/p:"Default VIEWSAT VSPRO-Cleaner

This file will restore the receiver to a virgin state. It will remove all traces of 3rd party software leaving it in the exact same condition as it came from the factory. This will not wipe clean any scanned channels so after loading a factory default will be required to leave it with no channels (NOCH)."

Attachments

• VSPRO-Cleaner.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 621
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)