Not open for further replies.

polgyver

Creative Tinkerer
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 21, 2010
Toronto
Hello,
I feel a little uneasy by being awarded by this Forum authorities the title "SatelliteGuys God".
The truth is, I have no experience with dishes bigger than 4', no experience with dish motors,
no experience with USALS ... a far cry from being "god".
Now, comes to my memory my high school geography teacher, Jerzy D. , who artificially narrowed
the range of students evaluation. 50 years ago, the students' grades were as follow ; 2 = insufficient (fail)
3 = sufficient (pass), 4 = good, 5 = very good. The teacher routinely gave all students grade 3, claiming, that grade 4 is for his knowledge, ad grade 5 is for God.
Therefore, this coded in my mind that a title "god" is for someone with absolute knowledge of a subject.
I have no problem with the fact, that so many SatelliteGuys' members have this title, as I believe they have really good knowledge about satellite things, far superior to mine.
I am aware also, that i did some new experiments with double-reflection reception, and I utilized tricks with small mirrors and lasers, for which I was commanded by fellow members as innovative and creative tinkerer.
Considering the above info, I kindly ask Forum authorities for substituting my present title "SatelliteGuys God"
with more appropriate "creative tinkerer"
Regards, polgyver

Hmmm. I suppose some would find it to be an offensive, even blasphemous, use of the word "God."
Yeah, I have had a couple others express the same.

I feel a little uneasy by being awarded by this Forum authorities the title "SatelliteGuys God".
The truth is, I have no experience with dishes bigger than 4', no experience with dish motors,
no experience with USALS ... a far cry from being "god".
I think the point is that while you don't know everything that is within the realm of satelliteguys.us, with over 400 posts and a lot of likes, you probably know your way around the forum.

Don't we all have the option to change our title on our own
Correct. This is a good time to point out again that if you don't like the default title that SatelliteGuys gives you, you can go into your personal details and put a custom one in there yourself.
Just not anything political and keep it clean.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Someone mentioned to me before they did not like the title Satellite God... so I asked him for a suggestion of something else to change it to and I never got a reply.

The names are based on original PHPbb user ranks, where we just added the word "Satellite" in front of them. As we moved through forum software we have kept them the same. :)

Which reminds me I need to change mine as it says I am hearing to CES. and I have been back from there almost a month now.

Well, I wouldn't call you crazy; I call you neat! That's based on your photo which is awesome.
Will be changing that photo whenever that there DPH42 switch comes out. Will have to work on my redneck head end board again. It was a big job when I upgraded from VIP 722ks to HWSs. Hope it will be easier going to Hopper 3s.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using the SatelliteGuys App!

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts