Request for help with Harmony Remote and XM favorites problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdemuynck

Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Hello. I recently purchased a Harmony 880 remote and I'm trying to set it up to work with my favorite XM channels on my DTV HR-22 receiver. The problem that I'm having is that the DTV receiver will not change XM channels when the harmony remotes sends it the signals to. The harmony remote works by setting up activities and for TV based activities it allows you to set 16 favorite channels. For normal TV viewing (ABC, NBC, ESPN etc...) the favorite channels feature work fine. However, with the XM channels the DTV receiver brings up a menu that shows the current channel and has choices such as watch now, and upcoming schedule when the harmony sends the digits to change to a different channel. I'm kind of stumped why the DTV receiver behaves differently for the XM channels than it does for its other channels when using the harmony. One other thing regarding my setup is that this only occurs when using the harmony's favorite channels feature, and not if I type the 3 digit channel numbers directly into the remote using the remotes number pad. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

I've never set up my harmony for that. I didn't even know that was an option. I'll try it with my Harmony One and let you know the results......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts