request for opinions -- netflix vs BB

Well, it seems BB is getting worser at shipping out disks. I have both Netflix and BB one disk out at a time. In the beginning BB was nearly the same turnaround time as Netflix, but not anymore! This week I sent disks back to both on Monday. Netflix acknowledged they received their disk on Tuesday and and sent out a disk that same day, I received it on Wednesday. I returned it on Thursday, they received it Friday and sent out another disk that same day and I will receive it Saturday. And, Blockbuster? Well they acknowledged receiving their disk on Thursday and Send out the next disk on Friday I expect to get it Saturday. So BB manages to send out one disk per week to Netflix's two disks. So Netflix is twice as fast as BB and is getting slower!

Last edited:
Between now and 2014 the Post Office is going to close half its mail distribution centers to try and reduce costs. It is only a matter of time (after election ) before Saturday deliveries are curtailed. Netflix was and still could be the post offices biggest customer but with their shift away from disks by mail it will only put the post office further behind the eight ball.

The future of video rentals is streaming.

I didn't know BB was closing distribution centers, but my disks still come out of the same center in Pittsburgh PA. Netflix centers for me are in Charleston WV and Roanoke VA all about 100 miles away. As far as the streaming movies, I can't decide which is dumber the method of finding or the movies you can find. The selection is mostly a plethora of "B" & "C" or even "Z" movies. Selecting a movie which consisted of just blank screen would be more entertaining the most of their offering.

I guess they closed Sacramento? I don't know, but that's where my movies used to go back to and I got great service. Now suddenly they are going to San Jose and turnaround times have become extremely slow. I'm going to get 2 movies a month, maybe 3 if I am lucky at this pace. That makes it feel like a rip off, which is a shame because I was very happy with it before.

Well, I didn't get the movie they said they mailed yesterday. If they had actually put it in the mail on Friday, I should have gotten it today. So now they are lying about when the actually send it out. Some companies like to do this, Gevalia coffee is one of them. They say an item has been shipped but it sits on their loading dock for 5 days before it actually gets in the hands of the shipping company. All their dumb CSR's know it is marked shipped! So maybe BB is doing that! If I didn't get it free as part of my package I certainly wouldn't subscribe to it. In the words of "Riley" from the "Life of Riley", what a revolting development this is!

I find that BB by mail has improved in my area as far as turn around time on sending/receiving disc. But what annoys me is that at times everything on my list is either on short wait, long wait, very long wait. It's like they have a very limited amount of the same disc to mail out. So when they have disc I want in my queue in stock I get about a 1 or 2 day turn around. To keep the movies coming, I had to pick some rather older movies so they will be in stock.

I had Netflix up until they raised the price. The mail service from them was always good. Now my son has it for streaming only. I'm able to view it on my Samsung BR player, but the movies they have for streaming are really old...the kind most of us have seen many times.

Ghpr13:)

Well for me the turnaround time is going the other way! I expect they will soon add another category to availability called: Y3K! or maybe posthumously!
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)