Requesting antenna recommendation

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys rock.

Last Sunday I ordered my CM4228 and CM7777. They were here on Wednesday, and for kicks I hooked it up in my TV room on Thursday. I leaned it against the window nearest my local stations. Every single one of them comes in crystal clear, without issue. I'm excited to see just how many stations I can pull in once I get the antenna on the roof.

Also, one of the nice features with regard to this conversation: the CM7777 has a switchable splitter that allows me to connect separate VHF and UHF antennas to it. So should the time come that CBS switches to VHF, I can just hook up the Sensar to the VHF connection, and away we go.

Thanks again, and happy watching!

Square 1.
We've had so much rain here on the weekends, I wasn't able to get the antennae mounted outside until this past weekend. When I did, reception went back down. It is particularly susceptible to rain fade. I tried two mounting locations, with no improvement. In fact, at one point I disconnected the antennae entirely from the box, leaving the box with just 6 ft of cable connected, and reception was almost the same!

Here's what left to try...
1. One or two more mounting locations, as I attempt to deal with being on a hill, surrounded by trees.
2. Attempt to deal with the long cable run by replacing as mcuh of the line with RG6/UQ. Or would I be better served by switching to RG11?
3. Mount the antenna in the attic to get more hieght than is possible outside and to reduce the cable run from 100 ft to 25 ft.

Any comments, suggestions?

Tried them all. No dice.
I'm done. This has been way too much time and money. I'm just going to suck it up and get cable or satellite.

Any want a slightly used CM4228 and CM7777?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts