Requesting Equipment Recommendations

NorthernOhioGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2017
Ohio
I have decided it is time to get additional receiver to place on another TV. I currently have an Edision OS Mio with the NA image. I like it just fine. Is there another receiver that I should look at for my second, one that may have different features, or have better performance in some aspect than the OS Mio? I do have a motorized ku setup, so USALS compatibility would be desired.

Also, I would like to get me a spare ku band lnbf or two just, so I can quickly change out if the need arises. I currently have an Avnger KSC322-2. Me being new to this hobby, I don't know how this one compares to others on the market, but I'd appreciate recommendations or ideas from anyone as to what would be good candidates for spares. Thanks!

I have decided it is time to get additional receiver to place on another TV. I currently have an Edision OS Mio with the NA image. I like it just fine. Is there another receiver that I should look at for my second, one that may have different features, or have better performance in some aspect than the OS Mio? I do have a motorized ku setup, so USALS compatibility would be desired.

Also, I would like to get me a spare ku band lnbf or two just, so I can quickly change out if the need arises. I currently have an Avnger KSC322-2. Me being new to this hobby, I don't know how this one compares to others on the market, but I'd appreciate recommendations or ideas from anyone as to what would be good candidates for spares. Thanks!

My secondary receiver is a GTMedia V8 Nova (blue). I've also had an Amiko HD.265 before, and that is an excellent receiver.

For LNB, the GeoSat SL1PLL is a good one. Sold by Hypermegasat on Ebay.

The Maverick MK1-PLL lnbf from Michael Electronics is excellent. :)

Welcome to Michael Electronics

The Edision OS Mio has now ruined me for other receivers. I have quite a few others that are still good (including a Amiko HD.265) and I'm only using the Edision now.

Why settle for less, when you have the best?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)