Researching Satellite

dkros

Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi,
I am thinking of getting rid of cable, too many outages. Just happened the other night just before the start of the first pre-season game I was going to watch! I want all the HD programs I can get. I have 4 TV's but only 1 SD the others are in the kitchen or garage.

So what do I need to research? I live in Oceanside, CA just north of San Diego. I want to watch sports (Direct TV NFL package not a deal breaker). Mainly college football, most Big 12. Can I buy the equipement or do I have to lease everything? Are there advanatges to leasing? Can I try it for a month to see if I like it?

Deciding factors between Direct and Dish?

Thanks for the advice!!

:)

You can buy the equipment outright or lease it. I can't speak for one way or the other. As far as trying it out for a month, you sure don't want to buy the hardware if that's even a consideration ! You'll likely never get all of your money back. You can save $50 by committing to an 18-mo contract. Otherwise, you can walk away anytime. You of course have to return almost all of the equipment if you lease. Be careful of ordering from a local retailer or reseller if you go the no-contract route though. Dish apparently binds the reseller to a contract for each customer, regardless of whether they do the contract or no-contract option. You can walk away from Dish free and clear but might owe the reseller an ETF.

Dish Dual tuner DVR

Tech Chat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)