RESERVED RECORD FEATURE USING MAZEDIT 3.0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not at all. Would you want your computer to lose its time setting every time you rebooted it? Just that alone would make me throw my PC out the window.

No, the actual time setting should never change. Performing a simple reboot should never affect the clock time. Possible a format of the application area might, but nothing else that you do should.

IO think that there is a battery back up. Maybe your backup power supply (battery) is low or weak or dead? I know your box cannot be too old and these batteries last virtually forever. But, that doesn't mean that the circuit or the battery is not faulty.

When you reboot, does the clock always reset to a spefic time and date (and the same date and time every time)? If it does, then I would suspect the battery backup.

This battery is just a "coin" cell lithium ion battery. They are supposed to last about seven years or more.

RADAR

I went thru the motion of doing a setup for recording my favorite show, The Red Green Show, which airs on the OETA PBS channel on Friday nights at 10.
Thanks to Radar, I follow the exact setup steps he instructed and when I recheck the Ultra after reboot, found the record time was indeed on schedule. Before then, it wasn't there. I wasn't highlighting the scheduled event before uploading to the Ultra. I found if I didn't highlight the event(s) and uploaded to the Ultra, it would not be scheduled in the Ultra. So always check the Menu (by remote), scroll down to Reserved program, and see if it is there.
Do I need to check the box on this scheduled time, or just leave it along?
And also, the clock time wasn't affected after the rebooting. I must have been missing a step during the recording setup.
Keep up the great work, Radar. You sure helped me out!
Thanks to others who pitched in to help me understand this more.

I went thru the motion of doing a setup for recording my favorite show, The Red Green Show, which airs on the OETA PBS channel on Friday nights at 10.
Thanks to Radar, I follow the exact setup steps he instructed and when I recheck the Ultra after reboot, found the record time was indeed on schedule. Before then, it wasn't there. I wasn't highlighting the scheduled event before uploading to the Ultra. I found if I didn't highlight the event(s) and uploaded to the Ultra, it would not be scheduled in the Ultra. So always check the Menu (by remote), scroll down to Reserved program, and see if it is there.
And also, the clock time wasn't affected after the rebooting. I must have been missing a step during the recording setup.
Keep up the great work, Radar. You sure helped me out!
Thanks to others who pitched in to help me understand this more.

MrFTAMan,

I was so close to using the Red Green show as the example in my tutorial on this. That would have been really wild!
If you look closely at some of my snapshots, you will notice that this is one of the programs already in the RESERVED RECORD listing.
Although, it does not show the title "Red Green".

This is another good point to speak about. I can set the record event to repeat every day or every week (such as every Friday night at 10 pm to record the Red Green show). I label the show with the title "Red Green" and that takes hold for the first time that it is recorded. However, every time after that, when the AZBox regenerates the repeat event, the AZBox just assigns a number to the title and I have to rename it later.

I wish it would keep renaming it "Red Green" and at most, add an additional number to it like Red Green 1, Red Green 2, Red Green 3 etc, but it doesn't. I haven't found out how to change this. There may not be a way to intercede this.

You shouldn't have to check up on this. You might wish to on the first attempt, just to be sure. But, it should be ok. On my AZBox, i have been recording the Red Green show for a long time now. I have set the record timer to begin at 9:59 CT (a little early to allow time for the dish to pan to 125.0°W in case I leave it parked at 83.0° or 101.0°W). Then I set the time duration to 23 or 24 minutes to be sure to get the whole program (it is 22 minutes long normally).

RADAR

Happy Thanksgiving!
I set up a event last night for this morning at 9:00 to record on the OETA channel for 10 minutes. The dish is parked on Kuwait 2 on 97W.
That's just a few minutes away so I will see how it go and let you know in a little bit.
I don't mind having to rename The Red Green Show each time it records. On the Montana PBS website, there is a lists of all the episodes of that show.
I have a DVD recorder to burn the shows on DVD for my collection.
When I was on Directv, I used the DVR to record the how to shows (My hobby is wood working) and I would burn them on my DVDs. I have a great collection.
The Ultra will make a great DVR for me, if it works out.
Thanks Radar for taking the time to understanding the AZBox receivers and giving us the Tutorials on them. I had learned alot about my Ultra.
Keep up the good work!

Hmmmm...
It didn't work! I am trying again, this time I am put a check on this event I set for 9:50.
Well, it just did! and is recording. (while I am typing this).
Radar, when I set up last night for the 9:00 recording on OETA while the dish is on 97W, I cut off the Ultra (sleep mode), expecting for it to do so. Of course, when I checked the Reserved program it was there to let me know it is set up to record, but I didn't put a check on it.
Before going to my girlfriends house for Thanksgiving, I will set up for 1:00 and make sure it is checked. Then I will make sure it is checked before turning off the receiver. Let you know later how that go...

Please note that in post #7 the attached pictures are very subtle in difference, but they are unique. You may have to expand the pix in size to view the differences well. Look at the center, right hand side of the pix. The item of importance is very small.

RADAR

Hmmmm... It didn't work! I am trying again, this time I am put a check on this event I set for 9:50.

MrFTAMan,

Where are you inserting this "CHECK MARK"?

I believe that this does not have anything to do with the record event schedule. After you set up the record event using MaZEdit, highlight it and upload it to the AZBox, that should be all that is necessary. If you used the remote to access the MENU > RESERVED PROGRAM and put a chech mark in the box to the left of the record event, that only serves the function of selecting that record event to open it for viewing and editing. It does not have anything to do with activating the record session.

RADAR

Radar, when I go to Menu (by remote) and scroll down to Reserved program, I would see a blank square box next to the scheduled recording setup. I can put a check in that box by using the the Check button on my remote. It doesn't seem to do anything, whether I check that box or not.
Right now, I am still having problems with using the Maz 3 to program the recording setup.
After setting up the parameters of my scheduled recording and uploading it to the Ultra, I would be on another satellite. I would turn off the AZBox (sleep mode) and wait to see what it will do. When the time for it to record, I would see a green LED light come on and I waited for 10 minutes. I was assuming that the Ultra was going to the satellite and TP to be recorded. After the green light go off, I would turn on my receiver to see if it recorded. It didn't. I went to Menu/Recorded program to see if it recorded. Nothing. But when I use the Menu/Reserve Record/Play to program the recording setup then I would see the program I recorded, after it did the steps I programmed in my Ultra.
It is not that way using the Maz 3. I will try again later this evening and see where I am messing up using the Maz 3. After I do the steps you outlined in your tutors and making sure it was highlined before uploading to the Ultra, I would check the Menu/Reserved program to see if is there, it would be listed, just as I programmed it in the Maz 3. So I know I am doing that right. As I just mentioned, it would come on at the appointed time and record. But it doesn't. Was there a thread mentioned about the AZBox not recording a program to the HDD? (by using the Maz 3?)
Radar, I hope you don't mind sharing with you all the up and downs I am experiencing with this particular subject. I don't want to hijack your thread on this, but I was hoping you wouldn't mind. I thought what I am experiencing would help you pinpoint what is going on and maybe sharing with us users your findings and put that info into your tutorials. AZBox failed to provide us Ultra users a detailed owner's manual but you really step up on the plate and helped us get that info we really needed. I know the AZBoxes all share the same firmware but each model of the AZBoxes has its own bell and whistles so the firmwares won't work on all models. Bummer. But it is the same way with computers. Windows 7 would work on all the latest computes but each model of computer has its own bells and whistles.
That is why it is hard to find a WIFI adapter to work with the Ulta. The Premium Plus is already WIFI equiped and I recon that the Premium can use the WIFI adapter capable for that model. So the point I am making is that not everything in the 5020 firmware will work with the Ultra. It will in the other AZBoxes. depending on their capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap!
I programmed everything to record The Red Green Show and it went to the satellite and tp and guess what???
Charlie Rose!!! It was suppose to be after the concert show and ithe concert series was on like it suppose to be. But instead of the show I want...
Charlie Rose...
Oh well. I tried...
Went on Ebay to see about getting the DVDs on the show. Dang, the videos are priced high...
Oh well...

Radar, when I go to Menu (by remote) and scroll down to Reserved program, I would see a blank square box next to the scheduled recording setup. I can put a check in that box by using the the Check button on my remote. It doesn't seem to do anything, whether I check that box or not.

Yes, that is what I was referring to in post #29. Checking that box only selects that one reserve event to be reviewed/edited.

RADAR

Crap!
I programmed everything to record The Red Green Show and it went to the satellite and tp and guess what???
Charlie Rose!!! It was suppose to be after the concert show and ithe concert series was on like it suppose to be. But instead of the show I want...
Charlie Rose...
Oh well. I tried...
Went on Ebay to see about getting the DVDs on the show. Dang, the videos are priced high...
Oh well...

MrFTAMan,

Well, you got the time and the record event to work properly, but you selected the wrong station. You set it up for OKLA (SID 6) and you needed OETA HD (SID 5).
Charlie Rose came on at 10pm on OKLA and Red Green came on at 10 pm on OETA HD.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)