Azbox HD Premium Plus - Motorized - No signal

donaldelee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
For the past few days, the picture has began to pixalete, [sp] and show 'no signal'. And, it continuously got worse. Now, it does not play a picture at all. When I am on the screen to change satellite, in the right hand corner it shows a satellite that blinks on, and off with a red insigna below it. In the dish setting menu it shows that the signal is zero, and then it goes up possibly to 50 plus, and then to zero again? ? ? All assistance is appreciated.

more information is needed, ie are you using diseqc or USALS? the immediate answer is that your dish isn't positioned properly, which unfortunately is not an ucommon occurrance if you are using Diseq

It has USALS. I could switch it over to Diseqc, it makes no difference. Still no signal! Approximately a year ago I had to replace the reflector. I considered then replacing the switch that is sitting beside the reflector.

Donald,

Dish alignment is typically the culprit, but there can be many issues at hand here. A poor cable connection or a bad cable fabrication, weather related issues, a failing switch or a failing LNBF (very rare) or a few other items that are probably too rare to start off discussing.

Always make sure that you tackle and address the most simplest items first when troubleshooting these issues. If you have any type of switch in your circuit, bypass it (use a barrel connector and simply take a detour around the switch). Recheck your quality level after the switch has been elliminated from the circuit.

Second step, check all your cable ends and make sure they are good. If you are in doubt, redo your connector installations. Poor connector fabrication and moisture entry are a common failure, but fairly easy to repair.

Next check your dish alignment, but don't readjust it just yet. Have someone assist you or if you have nice weather, take portable TV and the receiver right out to your dish and then you stand behind the dish and grasp the edges with both hands and very gently pull and push on the dish to move its postion up, down or left and right and see if the signal Q improves for you.

Don't twist the dish or put enough pressure on it to bend the dish refelector, just some very light pressure is all that is required. Push on one side of the dish while pulling on the other side, just be very gentle. Like you were showing off a flower blossom to your grandmother. GENTLY.

If you rule out the cables and connectors and switches, and you get positive results through flexing the dish, then your alignment is probably at fault. If you had a good signal initially, but it has been dropping over a short period, check your dish and motor fasteners and your mast for some bolt that is loose and is moving. Especially if you have had some windy days recently or at least since you have observed the signal dropping.

RADAR

Thanks! We have had a lot of wind lately! We were under a 'no burn' order here in South Central Illinois until a few days ago, and then, we had a lot of wind for a couple of days, with possibly (3) three inches of rain. I suspect because it started to indicate problems shortly afterwards that the rain, and/or, the wind has disturbed the connections, or the dish settings. I just woke up, from a nap, and it is approximately (29) twenty-nine degrees outside, so, I will have my morning coffee, and go outside and fix the problem.
The best part of this hobby is the great bunch of guys on the forums to always help! Thanks!

Update:

Just came back in from outside! It was the DiSEqC switch! My wife is a cancer survivor, and I try to keep her happy! She loves her TV! :) Before I could get back inside she was giving me a report! I had the first old Coolsat DiSEqC switch, and it worked beautifully! I had put a Sonicview DiSEqC switch on it previously when I had to change the reflector, and thought the Sovicview DiSeqC switch looked better. The old Coolsat DiSEqC switch may have continued to work? ? ? Who knows?

Thanks everybody!

The motto is keep the wife happy, and you will be happy! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)