Resetting played/unplayed status on DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

polksda

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Urbana, IL
I have a folder full of show episodes that I have watched. I want to go back and watch them again. How do I reset the status of each episode from played (dark grey) to unplayed (white)?

Otherwise it will be a pain to keep track of where I am in the sequence.

Thanks.

Why do you have to reset them, can't you click on a show you've already watched and hit play ?

You've got a list of 170 episodes in a folder. Do YOU want to try and remember which ones have been watched and which ones have not? That's where the white versus grey text color is infinitely useful.

If the series in question were available on Blu-Ray, I'd just go out and buy those, but it's not, so the only way to have a library of episodes in HD is the DVR.

You've got a list of 170 episodes in a folder. Do YOU want to try and remember which ones have been watched and which ones have not? That's where the white versus grey text color is infinitely useful.

If the series in question were available on Blu-Ray, I'd just go out and buy those, but it's not, so the only way to have a library of episodes in HD is the DVR.

170! That's a lot of episodes. I don't think most series even have that many in it! Like others have indicated, there is no way to remark them as new that I know of.

From my experiences from playing episodes from a folder, if you select play on the entire folder itself (rather than individual episodes within the folder) playback will begin with the earliest recorded episode & will pick up where you left off inside of the folder the next time that you select the folder to play. The exception that I have found with this (in my set up,anyway) is that when I select a folder recorded on a different DVR on my network, the playback starts over from the begining of the list eveytime.

I don't know any way of showing a played episode as unplayed. The only thing I can think of that is under your control is to swap between showing each episode as protected or not. The blue button lets you put a K, for keep, marker on anything you choose to. You could, and might already do, have all the episodes listed as keepers so you can just mark the recently watched ones as not protected as you work thru the list again.

If you're always near the limit of hard drive space then this may not be appropriate but if you consistently have space available, the unprotected recordings are not really at any increased risk.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)