Resetting the Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
is it ok to Reset the Receiver every night? its the only way i can get mine sports packages to come in thanks

What receiver and what sports packages?

It's okay to reset each night, but let's try to solve the real problem.

MLB and NFL dont know about NHL yet, i got an HD receiver dont know about the model number sorry, i had my brother called (because i cant) (got CP) Directv about 5 time already all they said they having a problem with the MLB this year and would give me back $100.00 but last Sunday i when to mine Sunday Ticket and the same thing with the dark blue Directv banner on all of the channels, this only happen on the HD channels and i been on this forum and no one seem to understand how big this of a problem this is for me thanks

MLB and NFL dont know about NHL yet, i got an HD receiver dont know about the model number sorry, i had my brother called (because i cant) (got CP) Directv about 5 time already all they said they having a problem with the MLB this year and would give me back $100.00 but last Sunday i when to mine Sunday Ticket and the same thing with the dark blue Directv banner on all of the channels, this only happen on the HD channels and i been on this forum and no one seem to understand how big this of a problem this is for me thanks

do you still got the SD (analog) channels of your package? if so try that and if it comes on.. then you probably got bad LNB or a bad b-band which plays a role in HD channels.

do you still got the SD (analog) channels of your package? if so try that and if it comes on.. then you probably got bad LNB or a bad b-band which plays a role in HD channels.

SD come in find, what does fixing bad LNB or B-BAND involve? i really cant rewire my house, thanks

SD come in find, what does fixing bad LNB or B-BAND involve? i really cant rewire my house, thanks

okay you got HD for your package but no HD channels coming in but SD (analog) does work?

B-band is a HD converter. if it goes bad... your HD can go haywire. if not that, bad LNB or youre not locked into 103 dish or weak signal. you can check it through your stat and info under the menu and check the signal and find your 103 and see the signal strength. anything over 60 should be good, if its under, its out of tune.

well for some reason i was thinking you had a HD service.. which u dont... so no b-band required in that... but if one reciever works in that same line/place and your DVR malfunctions.. i say its your DVR.. but if your reciever acts up in that same line you use for the dvr.. then you got a bad cable or LNB.

i do have HD Service, but couldnt get the DVR Service because i counldnt really cant rewire my house, what does fixing bad LNB or B-BAND involve? the SD channels comes in find but not the HD channels

i do have HD Service, but couldnt get the DVR Service because i counldnt really cant rewire my house, what does fixing bad LNB or B-BAND involve? the SD channels comes in find but not the HD channels

yes i had to re-read this as i got this mixed up with the R15-500 thread which is NOT a HD receiver. sorry!

oh okay... then yes. you dont have 2 lines to your DVR? b-band is a converter for HD broadcasting, you need it, if it goes bad, you wont get HD.

this is the B-band converter on the back of your reciever..

S6300642.jpg

no DVR from directv,can i buy B-band converter from Wal-mart or Best Buy? or call directv?, thanks

no DVR from directv,can i buy B-band converter from Wal-mart or Best Buy? or call directv?, thanks

okay.. just a standard HD reciever? then you only need one, however i can not sell you one bc im a directv tech and im kept inventory every month so one less means i could get into trouble.

best buy may have them, no walmart will not have it. any place that sells dtv equipment might have it.. i dont even know if best buy carry parts for them. you can get one from directv VIA mail.

okay.. just a standard HD reciever? then you only need one, however i can not sell you one bc im a directv tech and im kept inventory every month so one less means i could get into trouble.

best buy may have them, no walmart will not have it. any place that sells dtv equipment might have it.. i dont even know if best buy carry parts for them. you can get one from directv VIA mail.

yes, both are standard HD reciever, i dont know if my brother reciever does it but i will look in that part,thanks

just wanted to give you update today my mom called d and after threatening to cancelling knowing our monthly bill is around $600.00 and they cant afford losing that, they going to send a Senior tech to mine house on Wednesday , i hope he can Solve this!

just wanted to give you update today my mom called d and after threatening to cancelling knowing our monthly bill is around $600.00 and they cant afford losing that, they going to send a Senior tech to mine house on Wednesday , i hope he can Solve this!

$ 600 per month on Directv ?

sorry but directv has never had analog programming, it has always been 100% digital. were you refering to standard def? (sd)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)