residential account with 6 recievers wants to add 7th?

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
I'm not sure about the 721's and 921's being counted as two tuners since it's two tuners on the same TV, but 322's and 522's are counted as two tuners toward a 6-tuner limit on a residential account. So technically, you can have up to 3 522 receivers on a residential account.

If you want more than 6 tuners on the account, they'll first give you the option of turning your account into a commercial account. But I can see that you really like DVR's. :-D

I got a 322 about 6 months ago and added it to a 6 year existing annual account. The CS told me the dual tuner 322 counted as 1 receiver and not two. My annual bill hasn't changed in the past 6 months, so it might count as 2 tuners on a 6 tuner account but there is only charge for 1 tuner.

Stargazer said:
Scott, didnt you say a while back that the 322 and 522 only counted as one receiver on an account a while back?

For billing purposes, it only counts as one receiver. As a general rule, a customer is limited to a total of 6 independent outputs (i.e. a 942, 625, 522, or 322 counts as 2 tuners while all others count as one). However, DISH makes exceptions that allow customers to have more than six outputs. You need to speak to a customer service supervisor at Activations to try and get the exception through. Not all supervisors will allow exceptions though. You may need to contact more than one, but typically you can get them approved unless there is evidence of fraudulent sharing of an account.

Here guys i will stop your guessing and answer your question.
You can have more than 6 tuners or receivers on any Residential account.
You can only have a maximum of 4 leased tuners on an account.
Which means if you have a 522 and a 322 and they are leased they count as 4 leased tuners.
There is a difference between tuners and recv's
Again if you have a 522 and a 322 it is only 2 receivers so you can add on 4 more receivers before you have to speak to EODN.
EODN is the part of Dish that authorizes the 7th and beyond.

Sounds like a game of CSR roulette going on (as usual).

We have a top-line account that's very unhappy over this crap.

He wants more than 6 boxes in his $3M mansion. He wants US to do the work - not those DNSC hacks assigned by EODN. He's stuck with a decision because TUNABOY IS TOO STUPID TO LET PEOPLE HAVE THE TV THEY WANT.

Looks like this high-end account is going to be getting a pallet of D* boxes shortly.

Hey E* - GET THE CLUE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)