Resolution meanings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
When you list a tv as being 1080i or 720p capable does that refer to the number of horizontal or vertical lines a tv can display? If that is the case would it be better if the tv could display the same number of lines in both horizontal and vertical.
Also what is the big push for 1920x 1080P when it will not fit the present bandwidth of broadcasters. Not many tv stations are doing hd and is this the reason they are holding off to see how the format finally ends up?
Thanks for any info. Dave.

When a display lists a resolution, I am sure that means its native display. It can still show the others, but needs to perform some conversion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_resolution

You don't want a resolution were H X W equals the same number; 1080 x 1080i; isn't that a square? 1:1 ratio? 4:3 and 5:4 are bad enough; LOL I would suggest getting a 16:9 native display.

I think the real reason networks are slow to change is because they always want to put off spending any money and the content is slow to arrive; but it is coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts