Resolution Problem On Browser

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I can get internet thru my Ultra (takes a while to download a website). The problem I have is that the resolution is bad, that is, instead of all the contents of web page be show on screen (like a computer monitor), I have to move from one side of screen to the other to be able to see it.
It's like a zoomed up website.
How can I correct this?
Thanks!

MrFTAMan, I have tried the Browser on the Premium Plus with No resolution problems on my HDTV - but it is slow and worse yet navigating is extremely slow, (my WIFI connection to AZbox averages about 550kb/s). The AZbox Web Site is the default web site on the AZbox. Its a lot slower than surfing using a Laptop with a WIFI connection. You almost need a keyboard to get commands thru faster. I have heard there is a way to hook up an external keyboard to the AZbox, but I'm not sure how. Also, as you likely know some of the newer HDTV's have their own built in WIFI internet hookups - but probably cost lots of bucks!

As others have stated the AZbox Browser at this point is probably a work in progress by Onsat.

I figured it was my HDTV TV. The FTA and 4DTV channels come in great on my TV. I get about 166 to 220 bps on the internet thru the Ultra. The YouTube comes in pretty good. The RSS News is just as bad as the Browser.
I installed the 0.9.5305 but didn't noticed any difference on anything as far as performance of the Ultra is concerned.

Thats a good point the You Tube reception on AZbox does come in great, and a lot faster than the Browser does. I wonder why this is so?

I don't know. Maybe a bug in the firmware that need to be addressed? I have the fastest internet speed with Wildblue and it work great with my computers. The Azboxes are not compatible I guess.
What about the other Azbox users? Is the browser/RSS news slow on your system? Maybe someone has good luck with this issue and will share with us. I want the best use from my Ultra!

Since AZBox is based on Sigma processors (not Intel made), a special Linux OS version must be used with it, which is supplied in a form of AZBox firmware. That FW includes a very slow version of unknown web browser. One can install Enigma2 Linux DVR & GUI to AZBox to make it easier to add other stuff, including fast Opera browser version optimized for Sigma proc.

Last edited:
I don't know. Maybe a bug in the firmware that need to be addressed? I have the fastest internet speed with Wildblue and it work great with my computers. The Azboxes are not compatible I guess.
What about the other Azbox users? Is the browser/RSS news slow on your system? Maybe someone has good luck with this issue and will share with us. I want the best use from my Ultra!

MrFTAMan,

I also have WB internet (and the AZBox Prem Plus). I currently have the slowest package from WB. I tried the fastest package for two months to see if that would help with YouTube and streaming Netflix movies. Although it was much improved, it was not a sufficient improvement to make it worth the additional cost of WB's highest tier package, so I reverted back to the least expensive option.

In all sincerity, I truly don't need or really want to use my AZBox for YouTube, Web Browsing or RSS news. These are the bells and whistles that I can perform much more efficiently and effectively with my PC. I know that everyone has their own notions and preferences in this regard and I doubt that providing these features in the AZBox (from the start) added much if anything to the price of the box overall. I mean to say that once they had the road built for internet access/WiFi/Ethernet and streaming features etc., then why not add a few minor access roads for these other features, too. I personally just don't have a necessity to utilize them, so I haven't researched them much and cannot provide any details from any of my own experiences.

The main thing that I can identify with the WB system + the AZBox is that there appears to be a "buffering" limitation here. With the latency of the WB system, I think that the AZBox has some troubles working with it well. Couple that with the FAP of WB and I think that WB is not a good choice to experience the AZBox to its fullest potential. Unfortunately, satellite internet access is my only option at this time at my cabin residence. My home in town would allow me to use DSL or other options that might and probably would work much better.

I didn't really have a lot to offer here regarding your main subject, I just wanted to open some doors with you since you mentioned that you were also using WB satellite internet. Since we are both using WB, there might be areas where we can assist eachother or at least kick some issues around. Even if it is not a satellite TV issue.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)