Retailer Chat LIVE Recap - March 10, 2005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have been waiting on my 622 for a month now (ordered Feb 15th). I can definitely imagine that those of you that order yours on April 1st (Fools Day!) will really be waiting a long time.

Dish Chat

Scott, did they give any idea about the total change over to MPEG4, and what the card swap of the original 301s would accomplish?

Are we going to see the end of the pirates?

Do we expect all the channels to be moved from 121 to the new 110?

Dish-Direc said:
Scott, did they give any idea about the total change over to MPEG4, and what the card swap of the original 301s would accomplish?
Nothing about that was said nor do I expect anything like that for quite a long time

Are we going to see the end of the pirates?
I doubt it. :(

Do we expect all the channels to be moved from 121 to the new 110?
No. Some channels will go to the wings, other channels will go to 110 and 119.

Great Re-cap Scott.....I missed the first 20 mins of it I almost forgot, till I loged on here and seen the chat going. I will have to catch on of the replays but doesn't look like anything to worry about, I was mostly interested in if they were going to move locals from Super Dish.

Scott Greczkowski said:
PocketDish Prices are COMING DOWN!

The MSRP on the PocketDish are as follows:

The 2.2 Inch Version is $199
The 4 inch version is $369
And the 7 inch model is $499

There dont have any inventory of 622's.

Did they say when the pocketdish would be going down? The existing rebate ends 4/15, I would guess that would be when it drops?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes Atlanta locals in HD will be on 129.

They have just taken their last question which means this is a wrap of this months Retailer chat.

Not much to report other then locals are shuffling and that most folks with a Dish 300 will need an upgrade soon.

Thanks to everyone who joined us in the chat!

Are all of the channels that went from 105 to 129 still be on 129 or are they going to switch them to 110? When you say that most folks with a Dish300 will need an upgrade soon are you referring to those that want locals that are currently getting them on the conus slots which are going to spotbeam such as Atlanta? Are all of the basic stations still going to remain at 119 as they are now?

cincyguy2k4 said:
Only my 2nd remote has a key... my number one does not. The green number 1 seems to be permanently attached.

The 622 TV#1 remote is IR only. The TV2 remote can be changed to TV1 with the insert. But, they do not send an insert for TV1. You can take out the key and use a toothpick to manually move the switch one notch to the left and it will be a TV one remote. Just have the gap in the remote where they key is supposed to be.

Or, you can do like I did and call up Claude at Dishstore.net and tell him you need an UHF TV#1 remote. He will send you a remote that has a set of keys with it, one key is the UHF TV1.

I just got my 622 Wednesday and just figured out last night that I couldn't use the second remote for TV1 (In Single Mode).

Today I checked the forum and found that I CAN do it by flipping the key on Remote 2.

Way Cool!!! Thanks Scott & Thanks Guyz!!!!

I'm in an SD105 market, but never got a SuperDish. Will the locals be moved to Spotbeams on 110/119 or 129? Did they happen to give a timeline for the migration?

the SD 105 markets will be moving to either 110 or 129 because DIsh rents the satellite on 105

WHich market are you in?

Iceberg said:
the SD 105 markets will be moving to either 110 or 129 because DIsh rents the satellite on 105

WHich market are you in?

I'm in a 105 market. It is Davenport, IA/Rock Island, IL market. I still have my D500 on my roof. I guess I will leave it up for a little bit longer.

I also would like to know when they plan to move the locals over to 110.

Thanks,

BigJohn2

Sounds like a cool plan.
If 105 can be elliminated in the SD markets then a D1000 can be used to receive SD locals plus all HD channels elliminating the 61.5 wing.

What is the Time frame of the move? Echo 10 have to get up and running first?

Montgomery, Alabama is what I'm interested in.

Scooters said:
I just got my 622 Wednesday and just figured out last night that I couldn't use the second remote for TV1 (In Single Mode).

Today I checked the forum and found that I CAN do it by flipping the key on Remote 2.

how do you change the key?

scott is that swap just for 301?

Hello:

Is the card swap for 301 receivers only? Which yellow card are being swaped? the chat was not clear to me. Thanks in advance.

Tomdkat:

Remove Battery Cover.
Pull Out Colored Tab.
Flip Over.
Reinsert Tab.
Replace Battery Cover.
Enjoy!

My number 2 remote works for tv1 in single mode... It didnt until i went through some remote recognizing procedure in the manual... after that the #2 remote works on tv1...

As far as the keys go.... I was about to become a violent person and jump up and down and throw the ^%%$#& remotes... I couldnt get any of them out... I have a TV1 IR, a TV2 UHF and one with a grey key that came with the 211

Scooters said:

amomenit said:
Hello:

Is the card swap for 301 receivers only? Which yellow card are being swaped? the chat was not clear to me. Thanks in advance.
They said as clear as bell (.. which ones) :

"DISH will be shutting off earlier versions of the Yellow smart cards (Part # 108659 that can be found on the back of the card) ...which were distributed with earlier 301s, etc.. this will be effective March 16, 2006
Customers with those cards have already been swapped with a newer ones..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)