Retailer Chat Oct. 16th

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
I'm watching the newest retailer chat today and am seeing some news actually worth posting for once. Looks like we are going to see some price changes.

Everything Package going up $2 to $126.99 effective October 22. Customer's that are still in the introductory price will receive a $2 discount until their 12 month period is over.

Two-Pay Premium Bundle is going up $2 to $28 effective October 22nd.
Four-Pay Premium Bundle is going up $2 to $47 effective October 22nd.
One Premium and Three-Pay Premium Bundles are remaining the same.

Chinese Great Wall Package is dropping $8 to $14.99 effective October 22nd.

It is unfortunate that the premiums are going up. Currently I only care about HBO and SHO because of the boxing and in HBO's case, the usually excellent series.

But I'm questioning whether what they offer is worth more now and going forward, and the answer I'm thinking strongly about giving myself is, no they aren't.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

It is unfortunate that the premiums are going up. Currently I only care about HBO and SHO because of the boxing and in HBO's case, the usually excellent series.

But I'm questioning whether what they offer is worth more now and going forward, and the answer I'm thinking strongly about giving myself is, no they aren't.

The premiums are not going up individually, only if you have 2 or 4 together. So if you just had HBO the price would remain the same.

That's because they have already increased the price on them.

If you note in 'my offers' at mydish, it now shows how much of a discount from retail you get as you move to 2+ premiums instead of the older pricing structure.

So in fact as of right now, the cost of multi-premiums has already gone up and this new news is just another increase in those bundles.

At the end of the chat they put up comments from retailers and they used one of mine about the 222 no longer being used.

Reactions: TheKrell
So all the other packages are not going to change?

Not at the moment. I'm not really sure why they are raising the prices on these currently. Usually they wait until the start of a new promotion period. The next promotion period doesn't start until January I believe.

At the end of the chat they put up comments from retailers and they used one of mine about the 222 no longer being used.

I saw that when we watched the recording and was just about to comment.

Luckily we can still get 222's because the old customers looking to save money LOVE them. That free second TV is a great selling point.

I saw that when we watched the recording and was just about to comment.

Luckily we can still get 222's because the old customers looking to save money LOVE them. That free second TV is a great selling point.

The funny thing is that I didn't even send in that question. They must have pulled it from a conversation on the Portal. I was just listening to the chat and heard my business name on there and then I looked like this, :confused:

Reactions: ChadT41
The funny thing is that I didn't even send in that question. They must have pulled it from a conversation on the Portal. I was just listening to the chat and heard my business name on there and then I looked like this, :confused:

LOL Now that's funny.

Definitely worth a chuckle. That happened twice with me in the call center. One of the times was out of Joes mouth at one of the annual conferences, I think out El Paso, the other was Bernie Han giving his monotone quarterly updates. You never want your name being broadcast on a national viewing for all your peers and superiors watching, unless it is damn valid. Bernies was, and changed the way the broadband team handles Hughes Net calls all together. That one almost got me fired, him actually listening is what kept my job. Lol.

Lol two increases in one year, gotta fatten the bottomline somehow.I dread to see Feb coming!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: TheKrell
Lol two increases in one year, gotta fatten the bottomline somehow.I dread to see Feb coming!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Want the channels, but not to pay for them? The February increase may be scary, but to continually blame Dish for the increased costs of programming is ridiculous.

Reactions: ChadT41 and dare2be
The only way for Dish to keep cost down is to get rid of channels and we all know how customers handle that. Like everything else in our lives, the cost of living keeps increasing. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to keep prices low besides going to a la carte?

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)