Retailer Chat Recap 12/12/13

DISH need to "rebuild" their AT package, I'll explain.
(49.99)AT120 to AT200 is $20.00 more, Why, AT120plus cost $10.00 but people that not like sport, will pay $20.00 more to watch Animal Planet or FX.
Now, AT200 to AT250 is $5.00.
New package:
AT200lite: $59.99 (w/out RSN, FS2,even sport channel that include in the AT200).
AT250lite: $64.99.

A new package that including all education and niche channel, like a Smart package but including All Discovery, HIST, BIO, NATGEO, NATGEO WILD, all Scripts, ect.

Multi Sport (enhanced) that including, GOLF, Tennis, FS1&2, and Outdoors for $15.00 available to be added in any package, including Welcome pack.

Improve Welcome pack (enable HD channel on them), not restriction to add any other package like BB@H.

and yes, though it were in my power. for renewal w/ABC-Disney, the option for ESPN channels : remove the restriction that only the channel must be in the first or second most popular package in the contract, or pullout ESPN, even if DISNEY and ABC would be sacrificed.
Honestly, I just find the AT120+ stupid. 10 dollars extra for like your RSNs, FS2 (which has like nothing compared to FS1), and FXX. They should just dump that package. The 59.99 should belong to the AT200 since the 10 dollar jump sounds smarter than a 15-20 dollar jump.

I really like the idea by orlyPR that there be an AT200lite without the RSN and other sports channels! I would probably upgrade to such a package.

DISH need to "rebuild" their AT package, I'll explain.
(49.99)AT120 to AT200 is $20.00 more, Why, AT120plus cost $10.00 but people that not like sport, will pay $20.00 more to watch Animal Planet or FX.
Now, AT200 to AT250 is $5.00.
I get what you're saying, but your numbers are wrong. From AT120 to AT200 is $15 more, not $20. AT120+ to AT200 is only $5, and AT200 to AT250 is $10 more. Yes, just the RSNs and a few extra channels cost $10 more...it's the cost of sports.

i will be remove the RSN, in the Latino Dos too.
and working with providers to have more US Hispanic channel or latin version, specially Dubbed programing, Like CINESONY. and also worked with Quebec TV providers to offer some other French Channel.
also offering mini latin package, for example a package that only have International latin channel like WAPAAmerica, TV COLOMBIA, TV AZTECA, TV CHILE, TVEI for $5.00 and other that have US HISPANIC like DISCOVERY FAMILIA, NATGEOMUNDO, GALAVISION, ect for $5.00, other for sport and PLAYBOY, jajaja.
and to finish offered all premiun, Trillermax, outermax, ShowtimeNEXT, FAMILY, ect.

I get what you're saying, but your numbers are wrong. From AT120 to AT200 is $15 more, not $20. AT120+ to AT200 is only $5, and AT200 to AT250 is $10 more. Yes, just the RSNs and a few extra channels cost $10 more...it's the cost of sports.
It used to be Fox Sports Ohio, now there is Fox Sports Ohio, STO (Cleveland Indians), and the Big Ten Network. More channels, more money. At least the B10 Network can provide unique programming. STO is an absolute waste of extra money that couldn't be handled by the same channel it had been broadcasted on before, ie paying more for the same stuff.

The whole Disney thing is ridiculous. It has a Premium price, but almost everyone has to pay for it! What is odd is that the Disney bill will come in and it won't do me much good. I got used to not having ESPN being on Latino Dos. I easily decided saving money over ESPN / Disney. I liked being able to chose.

AT120 is $49.99 The main popular channels
AT120 Plus is $59.99 It's the AT120 with your Regional Sports Channels. For me that's an extra $10 for Comcast Chicago and BTN.
AT200 is $64.99 It not only has everything the AT120 Plus has but a whole lot more channels including sports. This is only $5 more that the AT120 Plus. Best deal IMO.
AT250 is $74.99 It basically has the majority of channels that Dish offers including the Encore Movie channels.
The Everything Pack is $119.99 It is the AT250 with HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz.

I have been saying for a while now that Dish needs to restructure their programming packages. I would like to see a Top 100 package for $39.99 or something like that or maybe even go back to they old Top 60 package.

AT120 is $49.99 The main popular channels
I have been saying for a while now that Dish needs to restructure their programming packages. I would like to see a Top 100 package for $39.99 or something like that or maybe even go back to they old Top 60 package.
Dish America $39.99 including ESPN and TNT is a great deal. I thinks that remove ESPN 1 & 2 will be room $5.00 to put some Classic channel, Or convert this package in a only 1980-1990 original channels package. (Except AXS).
Welcome pack $19.99, and Smart 29.99, but i make a "edition" of theses package, for example:
Smart Pack: not including channel from heartland package. but have TBS, FX, Comedy.
Smart Pack "Family Edition": No including sport channel and Comedy, for example but all family channel.

I want to see an AT40 again! No music channels I never listen to. No sports channels I don't watch, and only the core, most popular channels. Unfortunately, it's the programmers themselves that won't allow it.

Closest is probably Smart Pack...

Not even close! This package is nothing more than the religious channels, Public interests (mandated channels), Shopping channels, Nick, FoxNews, Hallmark and TVLand, the secondary Scripps channels, and The Weather channel. This is not a package of the 40 or less MOST POPULAR channels.

Nick, Disney, USA, Cartoon Network, FoxNews, CNN, TNT, A&E, ABC Family, AMC, FX, TBS, Discovery, HGTV, Lifetime, Spike, Comedy Central, TLC are the real "core" channels of any real package,

Not even close! This package is nothing more than the religious channels, Public interests (mandated channels), Shopping channels, Nick, FoxNews, Hallmark and TVLand, the secondary Scripps channels, and The Weather channel. This is not a package of the 40 or less MOST POPULAR channels.

Nick, Disney, USA, Cartoon Network, FoxNews, CNN, TNT, A&E, ABC Family, AMC, FX, TBS, Discovery, HGTV, Lifetime, Spike, Comedy Central, TLC are the real "core" channels of any real package,
The power to make a package like this is the provider, for example, ESPN require that their ESPN channel will be in the 1st or 2nd popular package, The service provider will need say, "I own the package, I put the channel in any package". really!, if DISH drop ESPN or COMCAST networks will be left customers?

Another obsessive "Dream Packages":
Dish has changed from what it was originally. When starting, all premium cost the same, Philosophy are Low price every day, based in this, GOLF was a premium channel, Access fee for no basic,based on this, :

Select one core:
Local package only $9.99 (replace the access fee) including all IP, and Shopping.
Welcome pack $19.99 (like current except all channel from heartland).
AT100 $39.99 (Without Viacom/ESPN/Sport channel, only 1999 to back channels)
AT200cd $49.99 (including all channel from AT250CD, except ENCORE multiple, Sport channel)

Additional service:
Heartland Package $5.00 (may include some other family channel). (not available w/AT200cd)
Smart package $5.00 (Educative channel like America, Investigation, Science, Bio, Travel). (Not available w/AT200cd)
Encore Package $5.00
BB@home $10.00
BB@home Plus $15.00 (include all movie channels, also TMCw and TMCXw)
Disney Package $?.?? (Prerogative from ABC/Disney)
or make a special package that including Disney and Viacom channels.
MultiSport Package $15.00 (RSN, FS2,CBS college, GOLF, NBA, Universal)
Outdoor Package $4.00 (Free w/ MultiSport+AT200cd)
ESPN package $?.?? (prerogative from ABC/Disney)

Example to build up "a near" current 250cd:
200cd + Encore + MultiSport = $69.99

I wonder if DISH will now give the folks with Welcome and Smart Packages the opportunity to get HD seeing as how they are about to start charging new customers for it?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I wonder if DISH will now give the folks with Welcome and Smart Packages the opportunity to get HD seeing as how they are about to start charging new customers for it?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
IF they are going to charge a $10.00 hd fee , then you should have the option to pay it and get the Welcome pack with HD Versions as well.

When new customers sign up, their contracts will be over when they will have to pay $10 for HD. At which point you call and threaten to cancel your service, they send you to a supervisor, and you get the HD fee waived. You can still get "HD Free For Life" but you'll just have to call once a year to threaten to cancel to get it.

Think of all the money Dish will make off of customers that don't pay any attention to their bills. You'd be surprised as to how many don't. The majority of our customers that have the protection plan don't even realize they have it. That a lot of money Dish makes from customers, one of the biggest reasons they want everyone on auto pay and paperless billing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts