Retailer Chat Recap: April 14, 2010

IF it comes back I will drop it again , and I encourage all here to do the same. That is why we got it combined with the hd pack before. No one would sub to it at that price. It is still not worth the price to me and I have it now.

I know someone who is considering switching from D* to E*, but she may not if they charge $10 for HD and $10 for Platinum HD again. When will this take place? Very disappointing, indeed...:(

Someone at "the other forum" claimed inside knowledge of a programming price increase in June before James Long prohibited further comment and locked the thread. IF the poster is correct that may be when Platinum is rolled out as a stand-alone $10 fee again.

IF it comes back I will drop it again , and I encourage all here to do the same. That is why we got it combined with the hd pack before. No one would sub to it at that price. It is still not worth the price to me and I have it now.

IF Epix HD is indeed added to Platinum Monday I won't be joining your little boycott movement. :) For one thing Verizon FIOS is charging $10 a month for just the Epix channel alone, so to get it with channels like HDNET Movies, IndiePlex and RetroPlex for the same price is a good value IMHO. Also I like having Logo and BetJ (now Centric) because I missed them from having DirecTV a few years ago even though they have no business being grouped as premium HD channels with no HD content. More than likely I'll just end up dropping Showtime since that's the channel Viacom/CBS gutted to create Epix.

Last edited:
I don't see that much value in those channels. Mostly older tv shows and movies. Nothing recent . But everybody is free to spend the $10.00 any way they want. To each his own.;)

The are pushing the PlatinumHD package again for $10 more a month... and are ending the World Fishing Network segment.

WTF!??! $10 more a month!?!? I sure hope they lock in customers that currently have it cause that's just BS!! :rant:

Edit: wait a sec... so if I read everything correctly here, If I'm paying $10/month for the HD I should already be getting Platinum stuff with it at no extra charge??? Channels like RETRO, MGM, etc???

Edit again: Got it!! I got on chat and raised a little hell and got the $10 for platinum I've been paying removed!! :D

Last edited:
it's broadband. That's accurate.
Fast? Uh uh...The DSL here is even slower. For $30 a month you get.......A plodding 1.8mbs download..
The top speed here.
Now in the other end of this neighborhood in the new phases, threy have fiber.
12mbs down 11mbs up...We will not be seeing fiber over here for quite some time.
Telco is too cheap..And no way is this particular telco going to any type of tv/web/tel bundle.

I'm paying $60 a month for 3.0 down. Best I've ever measured is 1.2 down. Getting ripped off big time. No cable here, no fiber, never will be, town of 600 in the sticks. High speed sat internet for a reasonable price would interest me greatly.

I'm paying $60 a month for 3.0 down. Best I've ever measured is 1.2 down. Getting ripped off big time. No cable here, no fiber, never will be, town of 600 in the sticks. High speed sat internet for a reasonable price would interest me greatly.
It's 8:30am here so the kids are not clogging up the node with their video games and on line chatter..I just checked my speed. 6.9mb/s down but a tortiselike 370kb/s up.
To me that upload speed is disturbingly slow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)