Retailer Chat Recap - January 13, 2011

VIP 222K (External Hard Drive)

Hi, I am a newbie to Dish.

I just got a new install and a VIP 222K receiver. Does the 40$ fee apply to me (External hard drive).

Also the guy who installed the dish, pointed it to 61.5 orbit. I am not sure whether the AT250 and the international package i have will be available going forward with 61.5. Do i need to call dish and have them point to 119 or something else too? PLease help

Yes to turn youe 211 into a DVR its a $40 fee.

No idea what DISH is doing with the internationals left on 61.5, the installer can only setup for what DISH is doing now and since they havent announced any changes your setup is current for those channels.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Also the guy who installed the dish, pointed it to 61.5 orbit. I am not sure whether the AT250 and the international package i have will be available going forward with 61.5. Do i need to call dish and have them point to 119 or something else too? PLease help

If they installed a single dish aimed at 61.5, it is also aimed at 72 and 77. This known as the eastern arc. Go to menu 6 1 3 and you will see what your aimed at. You will receive all the programing that you are subscribed to. N o need to aim at any other satellites.

Yes to turn youe 211 into a DVR its a $40 fee.

No idea what DISH is doing with the internationals left on 61.5, the installer can only setup for what DISH is doing now and since they havent announced any changes your setup is current for those channels.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

If they installed a single dish aimed at 61.5, it is also aimed at 72 and 77. This known as the eastern arc. Go to menu 6 1 3 and you will see what your aimed at. You will receive all the programing that you are subscribed to. N o need to aim at any other satellites.

Thanks for the info, will have to keep my eyes open with the uplink post, i read about the move from 61.5 to 77 there.

I would check the menu 6 1 3 and see where all i am pointed to. Thanks again guys.

Yes to all the above except your question about the EHD on your 222k. The 222k cannot accept the DVR Conversion (sometimes called an EHD) at this time. The 411/211/211k can be converted for a one-time fee on your account for any of those models you lease or own.

I'll add that it is quite unlikely that the ViP222 series will ever be authorized by Dish to work with an EHD. We've pursued that question before. One version of the story is that some early models did not have the chipset to support the feature, but some later versions did. So in order to avoid problems, Dish just does not authorize the feature for any ViP222 series receiver.

Another version is that some have been able to get their ViP222 series DVR authorized and have it working. The usual CSR probably would not even try to authorize it. And maybe there's some additional "trick" to get it working. Don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)