Retailer Chat Recap - January 13, 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't remember seeing it mentioned here (but didn't read every post) but after 2/1 when Dish removes the EHD fee for the 622/722 will the activation be automatic when
you hook up an EHD or will you still have to call Dish for some reason?
Any thoughts, Scott.
Thanks, Gerry

I don't remember seeing it mentioned here (but didn't read every post) but after 2/1 when Dish removes the EHD fee for the 622/722 will the activation be automatic when
Any thoughts, Scott.
Thanks, Gerry

I think we will have to wait to find out.

Any thoughts, Scott.
Thanks, Gerry

One thought thou, to get the EHD you may have to sign a new two year contract. Dish maybe using ATT model, get any new cell phone you want as long as you extend your contract.

Doubtful . But you never know. Wait till 2/1/11 and see what happens.

C'mon, Flex customers will suffer the same 5$ increase as everyone else. Many have taken the 24 month contract to enjoy HD for Life (to save the 10$ per month), and most do not enjoy discounted pricing so why not kick in a free yr of Starz?

Just sayin' ...

:)

Now I'm not sure what to do. I started the Starz/HD platinum free for 3 months promotion in mid December....so I still have 2 months to go. I want Starz free for 12 months not Encore. So should I cancel the 3 month promotion before Feb 1st? Will they then just add Starz for 12 months then? I don't want them to look at my account and see I have Starz and HD Platinum now, and just add Encore. Then in mid March, I'm left with just Encore and no Starz.

There seem to be more "sales critters" and such slipping in to our kingdom lately.

We can speculate, but I'll bet Dish hasn't made a final, cast in stone decision yet on either the "automatic" EHD enabling or on whether to go for a 2 year contract extension.

I am unlikely to leave Dish. But I've now become quite cautious about any contract extensions. Who knows, maybe I'll find Fios more attractive next year? When the only competition was D* and Cox, I never gave a moment's thought to any extension.

There seem to be more "sales critters" and such slipping in to our kingdom lately.

We can speculate, but I'll bet Dish hasn't made a final, cast in stone decision yet on either the "automatic" EHD enabling or on whether to go for a 2 year contract extension.

I am unlikely to leave Dish. But I've now become quite cautious about any contract extensions. Who knows, maybe I'll find Fios more attractive next year? When the only competition was D* and Cox, I never gave a moment's thought to any extension.

I liked the ideal of having an EHD, but if it requires a 2 yr re-upment, I'll won't do it. I don't think having an EHD is valid reason for having to re-up.

Again, I can't understand that kind of thinking. If I was Dish and my subscribers wanted a EHD that gave them the ability to store many, many programs, that only can be watched by using a Dish DVR, I would let them have as many EHDs as they want. Without the Dish service what good are the EHDs and all those shows on them? I would think it would help secure that sub with Dish.

Ghpr13:confused:

They should just give me 10$ a month credit for a year. Basically for paying for Platinum, Starz, and getting encore as part of AT250, I'm gifted with 6 PPV coupons I'll never use (worth about 24$). Such a deal... not.
Again, it seems that if you dropped Platinum, they add it back on Feb 1 and there you have you $10 per month or $120 for the year. That's if Dish does as announced in this thread.

ok scott but why do we need to have our receivers hooked up to internet for what movies, or stuff from dish platinum or what? and what the reason to have them to hooked up for.

Some VOD is sent over the internet. And system health may be reported over the internet. And you can access your DVR(s) over the internet. Bill paying and account access, too, I believe.

So if we've recently signed up for CC Autopay & Paperless billing and got the Starz/HD Platinum free for 3 months and already have AT250, we're hosed... Looks like I'll be dropping Starz in a week or so...

So if we've recently signed up for CC Autopay & Paperless billing and got the Starz/HD Platinum free for 3 months and already have AT250, we're hosed... Looks like I'll be dropping Starz in a week or so...

Just what I was wondering. Do we have to drop Starz before Feb 1st to make sure we get it for 12 months vs. just 3 months?

Was just wondering does the EHD apply to 222k? Does it work like a DVR or does it just record onto the HDD?

Also as of the beginning of the year DN accounts for hospitality are receiving Encore Pack but no Starz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)