Retailer Chat Recap - January 13, 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The card they sent me said "FREE for 3 months" and seemed to be tied to having AutoPay already. It also said I'd have to call after the 3 months to CONTINUE the subscription. I called the number and was told the promo had been pushed back, but they'd give me Cinemax free for a month. I said no thanks. They are to send out new letters when the promo takes effect.

If the one-time activation fee of $40 to enable external hard drive support on Dish HD DVRS is going to be waived effective February 1, 2011, is there a monthly fee for external hard drives? If so, how much will it cost a month? What manufacture brand of an external hard drive is recommended for HD DVRS? I may look into getting an external hard drive in the future.

Thanks for the information.
Have a great evening.

The card they sent me said "FREE for 3 months" and seemed to be tied to having AutoPay already. It also said I'd have to call after the 3 months to CONTINUE the subscription. I called the number and was told the promo had been pushed back, but they'd give me Cinemax free for a month. I said no thanks. They are to send out new letters when the promo takes effect.

I think we're talking about different promotions. The free premium package Scott and I are talking about is supposed to be for a YEAR.

In Dish's defense, not that I like defending Dish, I believe that they did say that the free premium channel would be for "most" packages. I guess there must not be a lot of people subscribing to AT250 then? That kind of surprises me, since among other things National Geographic is in AT250 and I thought that that channel was in pretty high demand.

No need to wait for Feb 1. I'm formatting a WD15EARS even as I type this. No pop-up to call Dish, just "Do you want to format your external disk", or some language to that effect.

Edited to add: Good grief! How long does a 1.5TB drive take to get formatted?

Further edited to add: About 15 minutes. It now appears that I formatted my drive, but it won't let me use it until I call to activate. :(

Last edited:
<sigh> Dish drops a fee, and we still dump on them.

<double sigh> And perhaps deservedly so. We'll have to wait and see.

Lol, I didn't mean to sound like I was dumping on them for actually dumping a fee.....

what are they doing for customers like me with the everything package? the AT 250 customers aren't the only ones getting screwed.

I wonder if enough people have paid the $40 upgrade fee to pay for the EHD development? I wonder if that is why the decided to give it free now as a marketing point.

I am glad I didn't jump the gone and add a drive. Now that it will be free I will add one. What is the size restriction? Can I add a 2tb drive? Does it have to be powered or does the receiver give it juice?

Encore, not Starz? Don't we ALREADY get most of the Encore channels with AT250?

i called into dish and talked to a supervisor in billing and called back and talked to a supervisor in tech support and he said the same thing and they both were american :up and he said they would be offering starz or encore free for a year starting february 1st and not catches to getting them:) im going with starz for spartacus gods of the arena before spartacus came into the picture starting up january 21st :) encore sucks:D

i called into dish and talked to a supervisor in billing and called back and talked to a supervisor in tech support and he said the same thing and they both were american :up and he said they would be offering starz or encore free for a year starting february 1st and not catches to getting them:) im going with starz for spartacus gods of the arena before spartacus came into the picture starting up january 21st :) encore sucks:D

So, do we have to call to get the free year deal or is it automatic?

This is just great. :rolleyes: I switched from a 622 to a 922 and paid the $40 EHD fee to get the 40 recordings I had off the 622 only to find out that the 922 doesn't work with an EHD. And now they waive the fee. I'm out $40 and 40 recordings I can't watch. Just lovely. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)