Retailer Chat Recap - January 16th 2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Now they go and nag retailers about their Approved Parts list and why its important to use Approved parts.

Retailers are subject to chargeback if they use unapproved parts on any install.

They then once again talk about Dish 1000.2 and the dealer economics of the Dish 1000.2.

Now they go and nag retailers about their Approved Parts list and why its important to use Approved parts.

Retailers are subject to chargeback if they use unapproved parts on any install.

They then once again talk about Dish 1000.2 and the dealer economics of the Dish 1000.2.
how would they know if the part was "unapproved".? Do they inspect installs?

First she talks about External Storage and says it will be available at the end of Q2 of this year (Hey Jim I thought you didnt promote stuff that wasnt ready!? :D)

June 2007???? GRRRR!!!!! That is AFTER the current TV season wraps up (24, Rome, Sopranos, etc.)! Hope my 622 has enough hard drive to store all the HD I'm recording until I can archive it.

Looking on the bright side, the feature will be available for the 2007 fall season and for football.

June 2007???? GRRRR!!!!! That is AFTER the current TV season wraps up (24, Rome, Sopranos, etc.)! Hope my 622 has enough hard drive to store all the HD I'm recording until I can archive it.

Looking on the bright side, the feature will be available for the 2007 fall season and for football.

You hope. When was the last time Dish ever hit a pre-announced roll out date ?

They quickly talk about Wildblue and tell us the new satellite will be operational in March.

Nothing much more so far, just a bunch of recaps for dealer procedures...

The DishnItUp screen cap shows a "Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C" that is different from the 1 Tuner, 2 Tuners, and HD variations - they show 9 variations in a matrix.

So, what is Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C ? That must have been explained in the audio...

Now going to callers. However it appears that the show will be done soon as they are talking about the closing credits as it will list the winners of the incentive trip.

They go to the phones.

Customer wants to know why you cant get Dish Latino on the Dish DVR Advantage. Jim says who knows maybe it will be available sometime in the future.

Caller asks about Signifigantly viewed chanels will be available. Jim says they are working with Capitol Hill on that issue.

And with that they wrap up this retailer chat.

Hope you enjoyed our coverage today here at SatelliteGuys.US!

The DishnItUp screen cap shows a "Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C" that is different from the 1 Tuner, 2 Tuners, and HD variations - they show 9 variations in a matrix.

So, what is Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C ? That must have been explained in the audio...

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. We're looking to upgrade our 211 to a 622, mainly for network TV in HD.

That is the customer ranking. It is based on a few things like payment history, credit score, amount of money you spend with them etc...

June would be nice... I was told July at CES.

Its working now... I WANT IT NOW!

July would be Q3 2007, not "late Q2". Why wait so long? It must not be ready or Dish thinks their CSRs aren't trained sufficiently, or there is some problem.

So we can expect a couple of software roll-outs this year. One for DishONLINE, and one for USB storage.

So, if you are a particularly good customer, you can get a 622 for $149 up front, otherwise it would be $179 or $199 ? Why is there no distinction on the web site ?

Dishn it up: Call in to dish network you will get:

Plan A: Get english speaking operator that knows what they are doing - $149
Plan B: Get english speaking operator that has no clue - $179
Plan C: Get operator from Hindustan that doesnt have a clue - $199

J
(Hey Jim I want my MHD)
Hey Scott I have MHD on cable, and it's a pretty good channel. I finally got fed up with the HD-Lite on Dish (especially since I got my new 1080p HDTV) and cancelled Dish. HD PQ is better on my cable system, and they actually have a half dozen or so HD channels not available on Dish (no Voom though, but I'll only miss a few of those channels).

Now I'm confused (even more than usual) and I'll probably sound like an idiot for asking...for the DVR Advantage promo you have:

"They mention that the Dish DVR advantage will be available to current customers but they must agree to an 18 month commitment or sign up for Credit Card Autopay."

While for DIU, you have:

"Some up front costs are going up and now a 18 month commitment is required for all Dish'n it up offers."

Now for an existing customer, does this mean you have to pay the upgrade fee (whatever from the matrix it comes out to), and agree to the 18 month commitment to get the $49.99 DVRA promo or are they two separate things (and if that's the case, what's the charge to sign up for the DVRA promo if you want the 522/625?). Or do you already have to have the 522/625 to get the 49.99 DVRA package without having to pay the upgrade fee (since you already have the receiver)???

Totally confused :confused:

What's limited mode?

It's the mode of operation by which you can program your remote to ONLY turn your television power ON or OFF, and work the volume. It neuters TV mode of operation, for the most part.

Dish is getting tons of service calls where customers accidentally change their television channel. Example: changing the television from channel 3 to channel 52 when your remote is TV mode and not in SAT mode.

Of course Dish Network is going to want these commitments. If they are going to shell out money to get you upgraded or moved they want to have you as a customer for an x amount of time to be able to pay for that upgrade. They want a return on their investment in you as a customer. They figure if someone does not want to commit after getting an upgrade then why would they want an upgrade if they are not going to stay with the company over a longer period of time as that is the whole purpose of an upgrade and why put that kind of money in a customer that is not going to stay around? It seems as if they went from 12 months to 18 months on some of these commitments. All I have to say is that they better have a new offer at the end of the 18 month term as many customers wait until the end of the commitment for other options. There are going to be many people look at competetor's options more heavily if they are going to be required to have an 18 month commitment or a fee to upgrade or move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts