Retailer Chat Recap - July 10, 2008

New customers promotion starts on August first, customers get $50 back on the first bill.

Cinemax for a Penny is staying good through January of next year. Must have credit card auto pay and paperless billing.

HBO and Starz free for 3 Months for new customers who make a 24 month HDA commitment. This is also available for existing customers as well (as of August 1st with 24 moth commitment)

Attachments

• july25.jpg
    july25.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 590
  • july26.jpg
    july26.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 582
Don't know if anyone saw this but if you zoom in on the first picture that Scott posted with all the logos on it. There's a blue logo that says Fox. Not sure if this is Fox news or something else. Can't read the rest.
That's OK, they'll just do what they've done before; claim it's a typo....

Free PlatniumHD for three months for new PlatniumHD customers

For new customers this requires 24 month commitment, but for existing customers it requres NO commitment!

Attachments

• july30.jpg
    july30.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 791
The new channel slide is not accurate (rarely is, so big surprise) It lists Starz, which we already have, so I assume they mean Starz West. Also, wondering if E* really plans on adding HBO2 West, instead of East...?

And that IS the Action Max logo...

And Darren, Encore HD is launching the middle of this month.

Is changing the names of your programming packages every six months really effective marketing for Dish?

I have to think the reason why Dish haven't been more effective at challenging DirecTV with their value for money programming strategy is that consumers have no idea what they're selling.

Jim says that existing customers can not downgrade to the bronze HD only package. He said this could change in the future. (This seems DUMB)

They say that existing cusutomers should be told that they can keep what they have now and upgrade to add HD for only $10 a month more.

Dish is beginning to market like a cell phone companies... throw 50 packages out to the subscribers and catch as many as you can in higher priced packages.

Well I guess these new packages affect all you guys with picky packages and not a customer like me that already gets everything correct?

I've been waiting for more premium movie channels in HD. This is great!

Jim says that existing customers can not downgrade to the bronze HD only package. He said this could change in the future. (This seems DUMB)

They say that existing cusutomers should be told that they can keep what they have now and upgrade to add HD for only $10 a month more.

So I guess existing HD only subs are considered Turbo Silver HD?

I agree Digi. I don't know why they're adding all these packages. Just add whatever HD channels they can and don't change the packages. Looks like more marketing than anything else to me.

It should just be AT100/200/250. HD access should be included with the HD receiver lease fee. One (and only one) $5-10 HD add-on pack for HDNet and such.

It wasn't that long ago their packages were "metals" named. Maybe they realized there might be less confusion with platinum, gold, silver, etc., than with essentials, ultimate, etc.??

Or, maybe they just don't know what the hell they're doing :eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)