Retailer Chat Recap - July 10, 2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well I guess these new packages affect all you guys with picky packages and not a customer like me that already gets everything correct?

I've been waiting for more premium movie channels in HD. This is great!

You won't need any of these new HD packages for your premium movie HD channels. If you subscribe to your premium channels and some HD package, you'll get them.

What's interesting to me is that the majority of these new adds are NOT on D*, so while E* is catching up on channel count they are also offering something distinctly different...even without VOOM.

Between this launch and those back in May, I count 17 of the recent or soon to be adds that are not currently on D*, all the while they'll now have roughly the same number of HD Channels...

The debate will soon me not who offers the most HD, just who offers the preferred lineup...

What's interesting to me is that the majority of these new adds are NOT on D*, so while E* is catching up on channel count they are also offering something distinctly different...even without VOOM.

Between this launch and those back in May, I count 17 of the recent or soon to be adds that are not currently on D*, all the while they'll now have roughly the same number of HD Channels...

The debate will soon me not who offers the most HD, just who offers the preferred lineup...

D* will be adding these in August also. D11 will be online by then. They may be before Aug 1st.

It wasn't that long ago their packages were "metals" named. Maybe they realized there might be less confusion with platinum, gold, silver, etc., than with essentials, ultimate, etc.??

Or, maybe they just don't know what the hell they're doing :eureka

How is it less confusing?

Can you imagine a CSR trying to explain to an AT100 subscriber why they can't add HD Silver or Gold (HD access/"essentials" for AT200/250), but can add HD Platinum (HD extra pack/"ultimate")?

I agree Digi. I don't know why they're adding all these packages. Just add whatever HD channels they can and don't change the packages. Looks like more marketing than anything else to me.

I just hope I can keep my HD Only Pack w/locals I signed for a month ago.

Well I have the everything pack so I will not be effected with these new changes. I am glad to see that Dish is becomming more realstic about the number OF HD on Dish.

Also WOHOO WEST COAST FEED OF HBO AND STARZ now we need the west coast feed for SHOWTIME.

Have they announced this?

My understanding was that D11 will mostly be for locals...

Scott, didn't you mention this at one point?

D11 has capacity for HD locals and adding more national HD channels, it's rumored that they'll be able to add around 50 more.

D11 has capacity for HD locals and adding more national HD channels, it's rumored that they'll be able to add around 50 more.

Yep...I heard about D*'s HD capacity increasing...just nothing regarding plans that this is what D11 was intended to be used for...most of what I've seen seems to be pointing primarily to locals...or at least so I thought...

I would prefer to see more National HD that everyone gets rather than the premiums that you have to pay extra for. It looks like only two new National HD (both lifetimes, yuk) and if you are a 1 penny cinemax one more there. Otherwise useless adds to those of us who don't want to pay extra for the premium movie channels.

Still nothing just taking questions, and Jim is stumped on most of them.

If he is stumped then imagine the CSR's, Retailers and customer when they try signing up. :)

Yep...I heard about D*'s HD capacity increasing...just nothing regarding plans that this is what D11 was intended to be used for...most of what I've seen seems to be pointing primarily to locals...or at least so I thought...

DirecTV builds satellites that can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.

Roughly 500 channels of local HD + 50 channels of national HD.

i would prefer to see more national hd that everyone gets rather than the premiums that you have to pay extra for. It looks like only two new national hd (both lifetimes, yuk) and if you are a 1 penny cinemax one more there. Otherwise useless adds to those of us who don't want to pay extra for the premium movie channels.

+1

I think primarily at locals simple because there isnt a whole lot to add.. what is there, maybe 5 HD channels D doesnt have (voom aside)

Well that's part of my original point...with E*'s announced adds it looks like both providers will have about 17 HD channels the other doesn't...

That is unless D* does indeed plan to launch an additional slew of national HD before summer's out...

Jim says to tune into the launch on July 15th at 12:45 am for the launch of Echostar 11.

He says that all these new launches announced today will happen no matter if the new satellite goes up or not.

And they are wrapping up the show now.

Thanks for tuning in to another SatelliteGuys Retailer Chat Recap!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)