Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hello and welcome to another SatelliteGuys.US LIVE retailer chat recap.

Brian and Amir welcome up to this chat. Looks like this will be heavy on Wild Blue internet chat.

They jump into promotions. No real changes to report...

Things go through January 31st of 2011 for promotiions.

They go in now talking about Football... (Yawn)

Cine Latino will become available Ala Carte for $5 a month on September 29th.

Now on to ESPN Gameplan... Again yawn.

On to NHL Center Ice, Early Bird price 4 payments of $42.95.

NBA League Pass, Early Bird Pricing is 4 payments of $44.75.

(Note no mention of any Fox issues for the RSN's.)

NHL Free Preview - October 7 - October 24 - Channels 625 - 639

NBA Free Preview - October 26 - November 2nd - Channels 560 - 572

On to marketing now...

Talking about the new Marketing Retailer kit for the 4th quarter.

No gong on talking about GooleTV. Amir says they have been working with Google for years on this project.

Amir says we will be hearing a lot about GoogleTV over the next 30 days and it will set them apart from any other provider.

Amir tosses it to Kelly and she goes over some of the features of GoogleTV. She tells us GooleTV will require a broadband IP connection. She says that the intergrated search will be the most interesting feature, The intergraded search functionality is exclusive to DISH Network.

She then talks about a new website at dish.com called get connected, it can be found at Get Connected to Broadband - DISH Network and tells people why they should hook up their DISH equipment to broadband connections.

And with that Kelly wraps up...

Attachments

• googletv1.jpg
    googletv1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 715
  • googletv2.jpg
    googletv2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 672
  • googletv3.jpg
    googletv3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 684
  • googletv4.jpg
    googletv4.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 665
  • googletv5.jpg
    googletv5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 653
  • googletv6.jpg
    googletv6.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 658
  • googletv7.jpg
    googletv7.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 657
Brian and Amir give the retailers the speach how important it is to hook up broadband to customers receivers.

On to retailer incentives talk...

Dish will be moving to all DISH 1000.4 installations, they will have a seperate LNB for Weatern Arc and Eastern Arc depending on where you are located.

Connecting broadband to your receiver maybe great but not on a VIP222 I've had mine connected for sometime now and I don't see where it's done anything for me. I think I'm just wasting an open port on my router.

No gong on talking about GooleTV. Amir says they have been working with Google for years on this project.

Amir says we will be hearing a lot about GoogleTV over the next 30 days and it will set them apart from any other provider.

Amir tosses it to Kelly and she goes over some of the features of GoogleTV. She tells us GooleTV will require a broadband IP connection. She says that the intergrated search will be the most interesting feature, The intergraded search functionality is exclusive to DISH Network.

She then talks about a new website at dish.com called get connected, it can be found at Get Connected to Broadband - DISH Network and tells people why they should hook up their DISH equipment to broadband connections.

And with that Kelly wraps up...

Dan from Wildblue joins the show and tells us how great Wildblue is. (Note from Scott - it is probably one of the best satellite best internet services out there...)

And done with the Wildblue promotion... and now on to Question time...

So again no mention of the FOX issue, nor the launch of Sony Movie Channel this week. I don't understand why they dont mention things like this while they have an audience.

Question about FOX...

Amir says he can't talk about it, Dish wants to do whats best for the customers. A lot of people are working on it on both sides...

(Quickly passed that one off)

Thanks.

For staying awake, apparently. Not the hottest show ever. Or is it ever? :rolleyes:

Dan from Wildblue joins the show and tells us how great Wildblue is. (Note from Scott - it is probably one of the best satellite best internet services out there...)
Then why don't you drop your broadband connection and sub to Wildblue. All sat internet sucks. I stayed with dial-up for years instead of subbing to sat. They finally got a WISP in my area that could reach my house. It only is a 2.0 with occasional 3.0 bursts. It is still great because it has no FAP like the sats and actually works.:D

He stated best "satellite" internet services out there. He had a typo saying best satellite best internet but I am sure that he meant best satellite internet services.

I know what he meant Stargazer. I was being sarcastic. It was not meant as an attack on Scott. The only thing I'm mad about is that sat internet cos. are trying to get classified as real broadband, so they can get millions from the gov. Anything that slows you down to dial-up speed after watching 30 mins or sometimes less of you tube videos is not broadband.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)