Retailer or Direct -- Upgrade to a 622

Chop-Chop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2005
I am thinking about upgrading my 510. Is there any difference if I do it with Dish vs a local retailer? Can local retailers upgrade my 510 to a 622? Also I have the current setup looking at 110/119/148 so If I want all the HD channels I need 110/119/129 right? Is the extran dish already included in the $299 upfront fee? Also my DVR was just replaced recently as my previous one died. I understand thea they have some limits on the Dishin it up. Is that going to prevent me from getting a 622. Thanks in advance

I also have a question that has been asked but have not seen the answer for the April 1st Rebate Offer. Ordered install from The DISHSTORE last May and thanks to them also received the 61.5 dish at no charge to receive VOOM. Install was done by DNS LLC in Indianapolis. Does The DISHSTORE want to process these up-grades to the 622 & Dish 1000? Would they make any money off my request? (they deserve it!) Since the install was done out of Indianapolis, should I contact the Installer, instead of calling DISH, if The DISHSTORE will not be able to process these up-grades. Does anyone know yet, or is this a TBA issue? Thanks for any advice.

I had originally ordered my 622 from Dish but my local retailer called today and said they had one available today! He came over and did the $299 upgrade for the 622 and also sold me a 211 for $360 and installed both. Everything looks great! Called Dish and cancelled the 622 and they refunded me the $299 they had charged me earlier. So far so good.
I would say the retailer can do AT LEAST anything Dish can do. In fact, if you establish yourself with your local retailer they will work with you like they did in my case. They knew I wanted a 622 and 211, so they called me & set it up same day. Can't beat that!

Get your 622s from a retailer! They will know more about the receiver than anyone from DNS. DNS doesn't get 622s hence no installer over there has ever seen one, unless that particular installer has one himself and the likelyhood you'll get that installer is nil.

Most of the 622 inventory is staying in house so DISH has greater access to the 622 than dealers do. The dealer will give you better service in most cases than DISH will but he has to be able to get the product.

Dish has been trickling 622s to dealers on a daily basis. So if you want to buy from a dealer, keep in contact with one and ask them to add you to their waiting list if they don't have a 622 in stock.

Do you have to go through the dealer that did your original Dish sign if they're still available or can any aurhorized dealer do the $299 upgrade?

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll talk to the dealers in my area tonight and hope they hav some in stock. What abouth the extra Dish antenna I would need ? nobody touched bases on that question.

I guess my local dealer should be able to answer that one. But if anyone knows I want to know for reference.

Would anyone recommend a dealer in the Chicago area, preferably NW suburbs? I did my original installation and never went through a dealer.

I don't need installation, just want to pick up a 622.

Luck or what. The first three local dealers I called told me that their 622 were backordered. The fourth one told me he had one in stock. He also told me that DIsh only let him stock one at a time. Anyways I got the install the day after I called him. Everything went ok with the install. Now it's time to play with the 622.

One thing BTW about the 622 is that it gets super hot. And I mean hot. It's the hottest box of 6 boxes I have in my rack. My media streamer was sitting on top of it and it made it shut-off. Before my media streamer was sitting on top of my 510 and never gave me problems. Just need to rearrange some components. Ok 622 here I come.

go wiht the retailer...IOf you go direct, the receiver wil ship directly to you..We have been having to reschdule our Dish assigned 622 jobs often because the cust has not received the 622 by the install day...Pain in the ass if you want someone elses opinion,.....Good luck...!!!!!!

rickaren said:
I also have a question that has been asked but have not seen the answer for the April 1st Rebate Offer. Ordered install from The DISHSTORE last May and thanks to them also received the 61.5 dish at no charge to receive VOOM. Install was done by DNS LLC in Indianapolis. Does The DISHSTORE want to process these up-grades to the 622 & Dish 1000? Would they make any money off my request? (they deserve it!) Since the install was done out of Indianapolis, should I contact the Installer, instead of calling DISH, if The DISHSTORE will not be able to process these up-grades. Does anyone know yet, or is this a TBA issue? Thanks for any advice.

You need to call Dish since eventhough we signed you up, it was a referal job thrugh Dish and they used their equipment.

If you where in Detroit I could send one of my Technicians out, but being in Indianapolis your best bet is to call 800-333-DISH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts