Retention offers are worse.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am thinking of leaving. They initially offered me $20.00 off per month. I think I can do better. I get everything but no NFL Sunday ticket or any of the big sports add on deals.

Rob

I ended up staying. They gave me an offer I could not refuse. The best idea is to put in a cancel order on the day the contract ends. Call them three days before will full intentions to go to Dish or whatever choices you have. If you have a good pay record that also means something.

Rob

I ended up staying. They gave me an offer I could not refuse. The best idea is to put in a cancel order on the day the contract ends. Call them three days before will full intentions to go to Dish or whatever choices you have. If you have a good pay record that also means something.

Rob

What was the offer you couldn't refuse?

I just called, ask for contract end date at prompt. She ask why I was inquiring and said my bill is $136 monthly with $13 in credits that will expire next month and my bill will be $150. She tried to get me to downgrade package but said I was satisfied with current package.

She said your contract expires 7/24 and was I thinking of leaving. I told her new customer offers would lower my bill and I'm exploring options. She offered $50 off per month for a 12 month commitment. Prior to accepting I ask about Sunday Ticket and if there were any offers. She offered $9 off each payment. I declined, ask for it to be taken off. She did, but said to call back closer to season. I said I got it for half off last year, any deal like that. She said no.

I took the $50 off monthly for the 1 year commitment. Too good to pass, and looks like I'll pay full price for ST this year (which I won't complain about with this offer). Plus it gives me leverage again next July once this expires.

So not sure what happened with ST but I cancelled per the deal I made mentioned above. I went to channel 114 and it says "I'm authorized".
I went to my account and it shows 3 lines.
7/20/2016 $50 off w/ 12 mth agreement ($50) ($5.72) tax
7/20/2016 High valued customer -charge $0
7/20/2016 Sunday Ticket - charge $0

My current bill already reflects my $50 off with scheduled payment 7/25 (normal pay date).

So either it wasn't taken off and just means I'll be billed next month. But my statement list renewal as Sunday Ticket Max, unlike Sunday Ticket on recent activity.

I'll see what my next statement reveals. But I am curious if she added it for free. I don't see a reason for it to be added under recent activity when I cancelled.

I cancelled Sunday Ticket this year. No real offers from D* as I probably used up all my credits over the last year and Game pass is considerably cheaper, includes live games (VPN to start the stream) making Sunday ticket completely unnecessary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts