Retro Jams on G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

riversma

Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
How do you recieve audio for retro jams . I am getting a strong picture but no audio.

tp 12144 :confused:

It's ac-3 audio. You either need a receiver that decodes it ( as many of the HD units do) or send the stream out the spdif connector to a home theater system or other device to decode. Search the forum on AC-3 and you should find some devices that work.

Oh yeah! Retrojams is back and better than before! Been enjoying it this afternoon after figuring the apid (102 AC3) out. Thanks Equity and Gary!

When Retro Jams was on G3 C band they used musicam (mpeg) audio which was cool. Now to watch them I have to use my Yamaha receiver in digital mode. More buttons to push :(

audio is AC-3. The HD boxes play it through automatically but in the bedroom where the Visionsat is I have to hookup the old decoder I have

Is this as easy and plugging the rca cables or optical out into a surround sound system for example... or is there literally a decoder that is used for it.

Yep if its a surround sound or home theater system amp that does dolby digital. Most of the current or recent ones do sev diff formats of dolby sound. I bought a Yamaha system at radioshack HTR5920 it works great.

I just discovered Retro Jams was back on KU after checking out the Global CM list. Outstanding!

I've got my Diamond 9000HD connected to my 32" Aquos via HDMI and it sounds great.

Nothing like reliving some of my youth! :)

How many channels on FTA use this AC3 audio? I just found retro tonight and am impressed with the video especially for G10, but no audio. Is there enough channels on FTA that would justify purchasing whatever was needed to get sound on this channel? Is this a complicated project or is it basic?

lets see...KU or C & KU?

KU
Retro Jams
2 Spanish channels on G10
Most of the PBS channels

C-Band...a fair amount..check thelist
It should have the AC-3 PIDS
edit: found a link qwert posted that shows AC-3
SatelliteGuys.US - AC3-

How to add? As long as your audio receiver does dolby digital thats all you need

g10 retrojams and kbtz transmit the incorrect time, about 35 minutes ahead. The other Equity TPs don't have that time feature.

OK. I have a ac-3 decoder and on all the PBS channels the audio comes in fine but on Retrojams I still get no audio. Any ideas?

I have a viewsat that won't pick it up other. I have even 'created' the channel and entered the pids , still won't pull it in. My traxis 3500 does though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)