retro shows on roku

outbackjack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
maine
I currently can not get metv on my fta setup and was thinking on buying the roku lt to support my retro TV habit. first can someone tell me if metv is on roku. second ques is a short list of retro TV on the roku. Third is I read that the roku lt runs better than the HD due to heat issues. is that true? thanks for any help.

MeTV is not on Roku (none of the actual retro tv channels are on roku)

I guess you would need to define your meaning of "retro tv"...are we talking shows that are B&W, in the 70's, 80's, heck even early 90's?

wow Ice i really am gettin old when 90s are retro:) I was thinking the shows from the 70's and earlier. i miss my rifleman. i can get twilight zone on netflix but thats about it. thanks for the help.

I love retro TV too and most of the retro shows on Roku are in B&W including "My Favorite Martian", "Life of Riley", "Life With Elizabeth", "Petticoat Junction" and others.

wow Ice i really am gettin old when 90s are retro:)
I know....this year is my 20 year HS reunion...so I feel old

I was thinking the shows from the 70's and earlier. i miss my rifleman. i can get twilight zone on netflix but thats about it. thanks for the help.
some of the shows from the 70's are on crackle which is free on roku. I've seen episode of Sanford and Son (but not the whole series)

There is a "private channel" that has archive footage (pub-d-hub) me thinks..public domain versions of andy griffith (many others) lots of old cartoons from 40's-70's..some movies..and old vintage commercials

Ice some of them on are the Nowhere channel I think. Sanford and son is one of the play on plug in channels. Have you checked out the additional private Roku channels at Stream Free Tv? Some work some don't. I found Hogans Heroes somewhere but it didnt work

what channel are they on? I'm still trying to navigate some of the channels ;)

If I get time this weekend I'll compile a list of the channels and the retro programming they provide. There are many that provide this type of programming.

Other shows I have seen include "The Bill Cosby Show", "Good Times", "Sgt Preston", "Celebrity Bowling", "Beverely Hillbillies", "The Lucy Show", "All in the Family", etc.

I added some private channels to the Roku last night, then entered the Channel store and exited, but some did not appear. My guess is that they're not updating the private channels list (several sources) as fast as some channels are removed. No error message, mind you, just no channel.

We're loving Red Green, though, and my wife's eyes opened wide on what's available. I think she's losing interest in Dish and their bill.

go into the channel store, up to "my channels" (top one) then find the channel and click on "go to channel"...it should download it right away then

We're loving Red Green, though, and my wife's eyes opened wide on what's available. I think she's losing interest in Dish and their bill.

Does anyone know if you can "suspend" a Dish subscription for a month or two rather than canceling service? I would like to see if my family could live without it for awhile and view programming via Roku, OTA and FTA satellite instead.

Does anyone know if you can "suspend" a Dish subscription for a month or two rather than canceling service? I would like to see if my family could live without it for awhile and view programming via Roku, OTA and FTA satellite instead.

yes you can. Dish Pause is what its called and its $5 a month (up to 6 months). If I remember right you'll still get the free preview channels and anything stored on the hard drive (not the external one) you can still view

yes you can. Dish Pause is what its called and its $5 a month (up to 6 months). If I remember right you'll still get the free preview channels and anything stored on the hard drive (not the external one) you can still view

Just remember that DISH Pause will extend your commitment if any for the duration you have it.

I added some private channels to the Roku last night, then entered the Channel store and exited, but some did not appear. My guess is that they're not updating the private channels list (several sources) as fast as some channels are removed. No error message, mind you, just no channel.

sadly some of the better ones have been taken away

Thanks guys for all the info. I just ordered the roku lt via amazon. Ice thanks for taking the time to compile a list I look forward to seeing all the retro options available to the roku. Sadly twc only has metv in southern Maine and not up my way. I really miss that channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts