RETRO TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pictures of Jamestown, NY

Wow! How can anyone miss Lucy? I mean, even if you don't like it, isn't it still a prerequisite for life? :) The kids are missing out today! I swear.

What a wonderful time in life. My fav is Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory and the episode where the guys go hunting and fishing and the girls tag along.

RADAR

Pictures attached of the homes Lucille Ball lived in. Brown home is where she was born and the gray house is where she was raised as a child.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 164
Would you like me to pick my favorite?

It would have to be "The Dukes of Hazzard".

I like cars, the General was an awesome car!

I like Daisy Duke (I had the hots for her and still do)

I like James Best as a western actor (he was in a lot of western movies and I just loved his "cooo cooo choo" and "Enos, You dipstick" lines!) LOL

Not to mention Sorrell Booke, "Boss Hogg" and Denver Pyle "Uncle Jesse".

But of course, the stars were John Schnieder and Tom Wopat as the Duke Boys.

"Rosco, ENOS couldn't find a pumpkin on Halloween! Now you go out there and catch the Duke boys, or I'll divorce your sister Lulu and she'll have to move in with YOU!"

what's wrong with you guys? entertainment is better than ever

actors who can't act
reality* tv (*reality optional)
people famous for being famous
everybody can be a celebrity
take a show, and then reproduce it amoebae-style...put it in another city!
take a cherished TV show, then crap all over it's memoryby making it into a wacky movie
singers who can't sing or play insruments
music channels without music
forget about the story, add another explosion
another war or disaster? BORING another bucketful of CharlieLohanHiltonJolie please!
19minutes of show:11minutes of commercial

X 500 Channels
all for the low low price of $199.99*/month(*+ a few thousand brain cells)

A couple missing from this thread (that really show my age!): Sea Hunt and Sky King. I have been watching / recording Sea Hunt from Angel2 for the past several months, about one episode a week. Only 1 repeat so far. (The only caveat, sometimes what is recorded as Sea Hunt is a completely different show like DVIDs) Wish Sky King would appear at some point, too! Both of these shows influenced me as a child. I learned to both dive and fly...

A couple missing from this thread (that really show my age!): Sea Hunt and Sky King. I have been watching / recording Sea Hunt from Angel2 for the past several months, about one episode a week. Only 1 repeat so far. (The only caveat, sometimes what is recorded as Sea Hunt is a completely different show like DVIDs) Wish Sky King would appear at some point, too! Both of these shows influenced me as a child. I learned to both dive and fly...

Don't forget "Sgt. Preston of the Yukon".

I liked it when they put MacGyver back on Sleuth. They take good tv shows off and put on crap only thing so called reality shows I like is when they build something car, guns, house other than that but the arguing all the time is stupid. I liked Hardcastle and Mcormick, Knight Rider, Airwolf, Fall Guy, Dukes of Hazzard, Home Improvement, That 70's show it was on when I was in high school.

Dan Rose

Pictures attached of the homes Lucille Ball lived in. Brown home is where she was born and the gray house is where she was raised as a child.

Wow, with all the times I’ve passed it, I never knew Lucille Ball was buried at Lake View Cemetery on Lake View Ave and Buffalo St. Never realized people actually came to the Jamestown area for anything besides Lilly Dale. :) I’ll have to check that stuff out some day. Not a fan of retro TV at all and even less of a Lucy fan, not my kind of humor or entertainment to say the least but it sounds interesting. I’ll be in northern Chautauqua County tomorrow for work, about 25-30 miles from J-Town. Nice area in the summer and fall. Winters suck though.

Lucy-Desi sites

My wife and I went on a vacation to Niagara Falls in 2007 and stopped in Jamestown on our way back..Here are some pictures of Lucy Sites we took..

1. Lucille Ball Little Theatre
2. Desilu Playhouse
3. They had a thing where you read the "Vitameatavegamin" skit and your friends see you on the vintage TV..Here, I'm reading the script..
4. Lucy-Desi Gift Shop-Museum
5. My wife Linda doing the "Vitameatavegamin" skit..

We've been there several times, but not since '07..

Attachments

• lucydesilittletheatre.jpg
    lucydesilittletheatre.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 156
  • desiluphouse.jpg
    desiluphouse.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 147
  • timvita.jpg
    timvita.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 187
  • lucydesigiftshop.jpg
    lucydesigiftshop.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 163
  • lindavita.jpg
    lindavita.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 163
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)