RETRO TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I am just curious how many of you here are wishing you could watch more old time television?

Personally, I find myself wishing for anything and everything that "used" to be aired on TV from the very late 50's through the late 80's, but I have little desire for any TV programming since then.

I watch a lot of educational programs like NOVA and HISTORY for the Classroom etc and I really enjoy those programs the best, but I like to be entertained, too!

I grew up with B&W TV for the most part, and loved the shows. When color TV came to our house, it was so very cool. There were many good TV series to watch when I was growing up and even for a few years beyond until I stopped watching TV because of other interests and activities and jobs and college. I remember most of them well and fondly.

Would you like to take a trip into my past and see what "I" liked back when I was still living at home and going to grade school, junior high and even high school?

I assume that some of you might, so I put this little thing together so that you could go back in time with me - I hope that you will enjoy it! Sit back and click!

YouTube - WKRP in Cincinnati Theme WKRP

YouTube - WKRP In Cincinnati WKRP

YouTube - TAXI credits (intro/outro) TAXI

YouTube - All in the Family TV Intro (70's) All in the Family

YouTube - 70's Happy Days TV Intro Happy Days

YouTube - 70's Laverne and Shirley TV Intro Laverne and Shirley

YouTube - The Love Boat Love Boat

YouTube - Charlie's Angels Opening (Second Season 1977) Charlie’s Angels

YouTube - Hawaii Five 0 Intro Hawaii Five-0

YouTube - Bonanza Theme Song Bonanza

YouTube - Gunsmoke Opening Theme Gunsmoke

YouTube - Archie Opening Theme Archie’s

YouTube - Gilligan's Island Season 2 Intro (In the Style of Season 1) Gilligan’s Island

YouTube - Dukes of Hazzard Theme Dukes of Hazzard

YouTube - Tv Theme Fall Guy (Full Version) The Fall Guy

YouTube - Simon & Simon theme Simon and Simon

YouTube - Magnun P.I opening Magnum P.I.

YouTube - SCOOBY DOO INTRO Scooby Doo

YouTube - Sanford and Son - Theme Song Sanford and Son

YouTube - little house on the prairie Little House on the Prairie

YouTube - Intro to Pilot of Hogan's Heroes Hogan’s Heroes

YouTube - Intro to the TV Show "Gomer Pyle - USMC" Gomer Pyle

YouTube - PETTICOAT JUNCTION Petticoat Junction

YouTube - 1966 opening theme to Green Acres tv show Green Acres

YouTube - Addams Family TV Show Opening 1964 Addams Family

YouTube - The Munsters - Intro (1964) Munsters

YouTube - Bewitched Intro Bewitched

YouTube - I Dream of Jeannie - Intro I Dream of Jeanie

YouTube - "CHiPs" (Intro/Outro) CHIPs

YouTube - The Partridge Family Opening TV Theme Song 1970 The Partridge Family

YouTube - Brady Bunch TV Show Opening Theme Season Five Brady Bunch

YouTube - Original Emergency! Intro ( Season 4 & 5 ) Emergency

YouTube - Adam-12 Season 4 Opening ADAM – 12

YouTube - Get Smart Get Smart

YouTube - Quincy, M.E. Intro Quincy M.E.

YouTube - Opener to "M*A*S*H" US TV series, 1972--83 M*A*S*H

YouTube - M.A.S.H. Ending theme.wmv M*A*S*H

YouTube - Star Trek Original Series Intro (HQ) Star Trek (original)

YouTube - Rawhide - TV - opening - ending Rawhide

YouTube - F TROOP Intro with the audio cranked F-Troop

YouTube - Rockford Files Intro Rockford Files

:)

Me too! In fact, if I received "Antenna TV" along with "RTV", "Me TV" and "TV Land" which I already receive I would cancel Dish Network and watch retro TV all the time.

Thank you for the links. I'm looking forward to the new "My Family TV" and "PB&J" channels coming soon. I would love to see a station appear that only showed B&W programming. Imagine "Car 54 Where Are You?", "Father Knows Best", "The Three Stooges", "My Little Margie", "Dennis the Menace", "The Munsters", "Ozzie & Harriet", "I Married Joan", "I Love Lucy", "The Little Rascals", "Make Room For Daddy", "Love That Bob", "Donna Reed", etc all on one channel 24 hours a day.

Well I was in grade school in the late seventies so I mostly saw afternoon reruns of shows and Saturday morning cartoons. I still like to watch the old shows when I can unless the episode has been butchered to pieces with a hundred commercials. I watch a lot of UK, Australian and some Canadian programming now, that never gets shown in the US or they try to make a butchered US version. I do watch 4 or 5 current US shows but that is about it other than sports.

I can remember watching most of your list and these too.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Time Tunnel
McHales Navy
Sgt Bilko
The Lone Ranger
Flipper
Batman with Adam West
Superman with George Reeves
The Green Hornet
The Man from Uncle
Davey Crockett
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Fugitive
The Saint
Dick Van Dyke
My Three Sons
The Jeffersons
The Sid and Marty Kroft Shows (HR PufnStuff, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, Land of the Lost, Far out Space Nuts)
Various incarnations of Lucy
The Flintstones
Captain Caveman
Family Affair
Afternoon Westerns with Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Gene Autry
The Avengers
Space 1999
Doctor Who - I used to wait for my dad to get home everyday, so we could watch Doctor Who on OETA at 5:30 before taking me to practice.

Me too! In fact, if I received "Antenna TV" along with "RTV", "Me TV" and "TV Land" which I already receive I would cancel Dish Network and watch retro TV all the time.

Thank you for the links. I'm looking forward to the new "My Family TV" and "PB&J" channels coming soon. I would love to see a station appear that only showed B&W programming. Imagine "Car 54 Where Are You?", "Father Knows Best", "The Three Stooges", "My Little Margie", "Dennis the Menace", "The Munsters", "Ozzie & Harriet", "I Married Joan", "I Love Lucy", "The Little Rascals", "Make Room For Daddy", "Love That Bob", "Donna Reed", etc all on one channel 24 hours a day.

Oh yes! Car 54, Dennis the Menace, Three Stooges, Little Rascals and Donna Reed would really make me happy! I didn't include the clips from everything, but there was certainly a lot more that I didn't cover in my first post that I love. I am sure the same is true for you, too.

Is it just you and I that feel this way? Why do the current TV stations want to jam crap down upon us that we do not really enjoy? I'm sorry, but the television programs today are absolute crap. There is just no other way to describe the shows of today. I rarely laugh at what they call comedy today (seems more like a dark mystery to me) and there isn't any "scary TV" anymore without chopping up bodies and there is no wholesome shows like Little House on the Prairie at all.

Did they run out of material or did their minds all go to mush? I could write sit-coms and adventures that would make people watch my shows. On my worst day I could write better scripts than what they offer today. I know I could. That is not to say that I am that good, it is to say that they are that bad! Hah! :)

RADAR

Well I was in grade school in the late seventies so I mostly saw afternoon reruns of shows and Saturday morning cartoons. I still like to watch the old shows when I can unless the episode has been butchered to pieces with a hundred commercials. I watch a lot of UK, Australian and some Canadian programming now, that never gets shown in the US or they try to make a butchered US version. I do watch 4 or 5 current US shows but that is about it other than sports.

I can remember watching most of your list and these too.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Time Tunnel
McHales Navy
Sgt Bilko
The Lone Ranger
Flipper
Batman with Adam West
Superman with George Reeves
The Green Hornet
The Man from Uncle
Davey Crockett
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Fugitive
The Saint
Dick Van Dyke
My Three Sons
The Jeffersons
The Sid and Marty Kroft Shows (HR PufnStuff, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, Land of the Lost, Far out Space Nuts)
Various incarnations of Lucy
The Flintstones
Captain Caveman
Family Affair
Afternoon Westerns with Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Gene Autry
The Avengers
Space 1999
Doctor Who - I used to wait for my dad to get home everyday, so we could watch Doctor Who on OETA at 5:30 before taking me to practice.

OSU,

Those were also on my agenda for TV viewing! You know I left a lot out of my list, the list kept growing on me! LOL I had to stop somewhere.

I would really like to go back and be a kid or teenager again and watch all these shows. It would be fun! I don't see any fun in today's programming though. Maybe there is a few good shows, but I doubt it.

RADAR

Nice thread. I've been collecting TV series. Some forgotten titles here. So far I have 22 complete series and everything Star Trek*. I go off on my own marathons at times. Been doing Perry Mason lately. One show that tried color and went back to black & white in the original series. Time to search some old titles :)

Did they run out of material or did their minds all go to mush?

Their brains are beyond mush! :eek:

Look at the new crap that is on TV and if something does well on one network then

the others all follow with cookie cutter shows and then we have even less to choose

from! When I was growing up we had the three networks and that was it. If one

channel did not have anything good on then usually by turning the dial something

good could be found to watch on another station. To me all the new shows are like

the same thing on every channel! :mad:

Thats me too. I have over 2TB of tv shows I have ripped from my DVD's. Maybe half of that is foreign english programming such as Spooks (MI-5), Heartland, Doctor Who, Sea Patrol, Hustle. Since my HTPC bit the dust a few weeks ago, I went and bought a WDTV Live Hub to watch files off my hard drives on the tv until I can build another HTPC. I was bored the other day waiting on some new contracts before I can start on work for this client, so I had a little Hogans Heroes marathon, next thing I knew it was dark outside. It's nice being the boss, I can usually watch whenever the mood hits me. I would have a hard time going back to work for somebody.

Nice thread. I've been collecting TV series. Some forgotten titles here. So far I have 22 complete series and everything Star Trek*. I go off on my own marathons at times. Been doing Perry Mason lately. One show that tried color and went back to black & white in the original series. Time to search some old titles :)

I thought that Wagon Train was the only show to go back to B&W. You lear something every day.

Would you like me to pick my favorite?

It would have to be "The Dukes of Hazzard".

I like cars, the General was an awesome car!

I like Daisy Duke (I had the hots for her and still do)

I like James Best as a western actor (he was in a lot of western movies and I just loved his "cooo cooo choo" and "Enos, You dipstick" lines!) LOL

Not to mention Sorrell Booke, "Boss Hogg" and Denver Pyle "Uncle Jesse".

But of course, the stars were John Schnieder and Tom Wopat as the Duke Boys.

My favorite of the show was Waylon Jennings as the balladeer... man I Loved that song because it fit me and my buddies so well back in the day. We even built a real distillery in my parent's basement. It blew up one Friday night while I was watching the Dukes of Hazard with my Mom! She asked me "What was that?" I told her that it ws probably a truck backfiring coming down the viaduct. Then I waited till the show was over and went downstaris to find my still blown apart and corn and barley mash hanging from the ceiling! :) I was in 7th grade and making moonshine in my parent's basement! I had an orange go-cart with a rebel flag and a CB radio and drove it 15 miles down the highway and then out the backroads to our river cabin and back without geting caught by the police.

When we got older, we quit those childish antics and jumped into a car and got really crazy! LOL My oh my, did we have a lot of fun! We were certifiably insane!

I wish I could do it all over again, I really do! Those were the days.

Now, I have to tell you that my favorite part of the show "The Dukes of Hazzard" was Waylon Jennings and his theme song. That was "OUR" theme song as we were a bunch of renegade teenagers looking for trouble at every crossroad.

I will leave you with this....

YouTube - Dukes of Hazzard Theme

RADAR

I can't even allow my 15 year old daughter in the room during the Monday night CBS sitcoms due to the sex, drugs and language. Back when I was growing up I stayed up with my parents watching "Here's Lucy" and "The Doris Day Show" on Monday nights.

Ohhh! Magic Static... I Loved Perry Mason! That was an awesome show! There goes another one for the list!

RADAR

I can't even allow my 15 year old daughter in the room during the Monday night CBS sitcoms due to the sex, drugs and language. Back when I was growing up I stayed up with my parents watching "Here's Lucy" and "The Doris Day Show" on Monday nights.

Popcorn,

Yes, back when I was a kid, Mom and Dad wouldn't let me stay up late to watch TV. Not because of the content... They just wanted to enjoy the movie by themselves in peace!

I have some stories about that. I will tell someday.

RADAR

Remember when CBN aired Hazel and other sitcoms before it became FOX Family and then ABC Family?

Popcorn,

You know a lot of folks don't know the show "Hazel" But, I remember it. I liked it! It was akin to My Three Sons, with a different twist and sort of related to the Donna Reed Show. I was really young when these shows were on (probably very young when the reruns were aired) but I liked them all.

RADAR

Two weeks ago we traveled to Jamestown, NY to visit Lucille Ball's birthplace. We saw the home where she was born, the home where she was raised, her high school and even the cemetery where she is buried. We also toured the museums that had a reproduction of the "I Love Lucy" set.

While in the museum my daughter's 15 year old friend said "I never saw a single episode of I Love Lucy". My daughter then said "I only saw 1 or 2 myself". I thought that was a shame. My daughter now records the show daily on Hallmark and on Sunday on Me TV and LOVES the show.

I thought that Wagon Train was the only show to go back to B&W. You lear something every day.

Geronimo,

Wagon Train is (was/is) awesome! But, did you ever notice that they keep Wagon Training and never get anywhere?

Hah Hah! That's kind of a lead in to a trivia question... If you have ever seen the movie "Stand By Me". A very excellent movie for folks like us who like the old nostalgia things.

RADAR

Two weeks ago we traveled to Jamestown, NY to visit Lucille Ball's birthplace. We saw the home where she was born, the home where she was raised, her high school and even the cemetery where she is buried. We also toured the museums that had a reproduction of the "I Love Lucy" set.

While in the museum my daughter's 15 year old friend said "I never saw a single episode of I Love Lucy". My daughter then said "I only saw 1 or 2 myself". I thought that was a shame. My daughter now records the show daily on Hallmark and on Sunday on Me TV and LOVES the show.

Wow! How can anyone miss Lucy? I mean, even if you don't like it, isn't it still a prerequisite for life? :) The kids are missing out today! I swear.

What a wonderful time in life. My fav is Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory and the episode where the guys go hunting and fishing and the girls tag along.

RADAR

Geronimo,

Wagon Train is (was/is) awesome! But, did you ever notice that they keep Wagon Training and never get anywhere?

Hah Hah! That's kind of a lead in to a trivia question... If you have ever seen the movie "Stand By Me". A very excellent movie for folks like us who like the old nostalgia things.

RADAR

They actually made it Californny at the end of a few seasons. But there muat have been a lot of pioneers in those wagons with all those guest stars.

I can't even allow my 15 year old daughter in the room during the Monday night CBS sitcoms due to the sex, drugs and language.

That is so true and sad.

I have a 13 year old and when new "stuff" comes on she will usually say "That show is not appropriate!" and change the channel!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts