Retrofitting LNB to a 1.2 meter dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keithb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I would like to know if there is any way to retrofit the current 4 coax slimline 5lnb (or the newer SL3-SWM) onto an older 1.2 meter dish. The older dish has a smaller rectangle slot that housed the old single directv lnb - opening looks to be about 3/4" x 1 7/8".

I would like to avoid ordering the AK/HI 1.2 meter dish as it is cost prohibitive and I see not many dealers would ship to the great white north.

Thanks Keith

The signals from the multiple satellites will not correctly converge to the multi-LNBF from a refelector that was not designed for the specific unit. You will need a reflector that is designed for the Slimline LNBF.

The signals from the multiple satellites will not correctly converge to the multi-LNBF from a refelector that was not designed for the specific unit. You will need a reflector that is designed for the Slimline LNBF.

I realize after posting that the larger 5 lnb won't work but how does the 99/101/103 lnb fit onto the round 1.2 meter AK/HI dish?

I realize after posting that the larger 5 lnb won't work but how does the 99/101/103 lnb fit onto the round 1.2 meter AK/HI dish?
It works pretty well with the Phase III dish, but I am in the U.S. I am not sure how your signal would be up there...

The slimline (larger than PH III) continues to give me weak (30's) ka signals, I don't hold out much hope for the Phase III dish to pull in a reasonable signal this far north.

Here's hoping someone in Alaska is not using their Directv 1.2 and may want to unload it. I keep checking.

Anyone try a 30" or 33" dish with the Directv SL3 LNB?

Can you cut both arms and blend them together so that you have the proper opening in the arm. Basically what I did to get a single LNB to mount on a Superdish. I cut the end off of a Dish 300, then cut the end of off the superdish then bolted them together.

You may have to get inventive, but if there is a will there is a way. I just did this the other day.

Attachments

• IMG_1958_640x480.jpg
    IMG_1958_640x480.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1957_640x480.jpg
    IMG_1957_640x480.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 180
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)