Retrojams on G18 no audio?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, anybody get audio for Retrojams on G-18. I have a nice picture but no audio.

My current settings for this channel is 12113/V/4344

I tried rescanning the transponder and doing another blind scan but it keeps coming back with picture only.

BTW I running a Mercury II.

Thanks, DC

Update, think it has to do with AC-3

Just stumbled on another thread that covers no audio on Retojams and it looks like I might be able to get audio by hooking up the optical cable and connecting to my surround sound system.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/137285-mercury-ii-spdif-problem.html

Looks like I need to check the software version for my Mercury II and make sure it is the version that works.

Will try it and post back on what I find.

Later, DC

(Solved) Retrojams audio

Hi all, got it working this morning.

Just like the other links above I had to mess with the audio PIP, the first time I checked it after a blind scan I had Retrojams showing an audio PIP of 8191.

I made a new channel and entered an audio PIP of 102 but still no audio. The optical cable was working on other channels so I tried a auto scan. The Mercury II got the correct audio PID of 102 but still no sound.

Next I tried another blind scan and this time I got the correct PIP but still no sound so I gave up for the evening.

This morning I tried again and noticed the LED on the Sony HT-DDW670 sound system was displaying "DEC EROR" What did that mean? Decode error maybe ;)

So I took a look at the manual for the Sony sound system and found " DEC EROR Appears when the signal which the receiver cannot decode (ex. DTS-CD) is input when (DEC.XXXX) is set to (DEC.PCM). Set to (DEC.AUTO)"

Ok, I'm no rocket scientist but it looks like I might have some type of format mismatch so I started pushing buttons and found an item that said DEC.AUTO.

That did the trick. I now have audio on Retrojams.

Maybe this will help someone else, if you can't get sound try checking the sound system for decode errors.

PS - my firmware version in my Mercury II is 1.53

Later, DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)