Retrojams on G18 no audio?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, anybody get audio for Retrojams on G-18. I have a nice picture but no audio.

My current settings for this channel is 12113/V/4344

I tried rescanning the transponder and doing another blind scan but it keeps coming back with picture only.

BTW I running a Mercury II.

Thanks, DC

Update, think it has to do with AC-3

Just stumbled on another thread that covers no audio on Retojams and it looks like I might be able to get audio by hooking up the optical cable and connecting to my surround sound system.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/137285-mercury-ii-spdif-problem.html

Looks like I need to check the software version for my Mercury II and make sure it is the version that works.

Will try it and post back on what I find.

Later, DC

(Solved) Retrojams audio

Hi all, got it working this morning.

Just like the other links above I had to mess with the audio PIP, the first time I checked it after a blind scan I had Retrojams showing an audio PIP of 8191.

I made a new channel and entered an audio PIP of 102 but still no audio. The optical cable was working on other channels so I tried a auto scan. The Mercury II got the correct audio PID of 102 but still no sound.

Next I tried another blind scan and this time I got the correct PIP but still no sound so I gave up for the evening.

This morning I tried again and noticed the LED on the Sony HT-DDW670 sound system was displaying "DEC EROR" What did that mean? Decode error maybe ;)

So I took a look at the manual for the Sony sound system and found " DEC EROR Appears when the signal which the receiver cannot decode (ex. DTS-CD) is input when (DEC.XXXX) is set to (DEC.PCM). Set to (DEC.AUTO)"

Ok, I'm no rocket scientist but it looks like I might have some type of format mismatch so I started pushing buttons and found an item that said DEC.AUTO.

That did the trick. I now have audio on Retrojams.

Maybe this will help someone else, if you can't get sound try checking the sound system for decode errors.

PS - my firmware version in my Mercury II is 1.53

Later, DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)