Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Pretty self explanatory.....the RetroTV schedule effective 1st quarter 2016

Attachments

• rtvn_q1_2016_est.pdf
    35.1 KB · Views: 424
Reactions: fred555
Looks like most of their stations are lp, at one time they had almost 50 on stations with the major networks, after KTUL dropped them the only 4 major networks carry retro as a subchannel, which of course Sinclair owns all them, are WSET, KUQI, KRXI, WNWO. It could be down to 3 later assuming Sinclair bumps Retro for Antenna on WSET which it wasnt added to the list of sinclair stations launching ATV the opening day of the new year...........I guess the Retro launch in Grand Forks is a go on its KCPM 27, it has a schedule for the station....If their schedule has a new show the up year's schedule it'll be a surprise...

Looks like most of their stations are lp, at one time they had almost 50 on stations with the major networks, after KTUL dropped them the only 4 major networks carry retro as a subchannel,
There are some Independent stations that carry it.
Before MeTV and AntennaTV there were some large areas that carried it on subs. But when they lost alot of the programming to Me and Antenna then it started going away on the larger stations.

.I guess the Retro launch in Grand Forks is a go on its KCPM 27, it has a schedule for the station....If their schedule has a new show the up year's schedule it'll be a surprise...
That is if the station actually goes OTA. Right now its off the air and is only on cable in a few sporadic areas

as example here were their "custom" affiliates in 2011. These feeds (which were on big dish at the time) were customized feeds for specific stations. There were more affiliates than this but they used the national feed

part 1.jpg
part 2.jpg

as example here were their "custom" affiliates in 2011. These feeds (which were on big dish at the time) were customized feeds for specific stations. There were more affiliates than this but they used the national feed

View attachment 112067 View attachment 112068
I see the number of big city stations that had it like Detroit and Buffalo. OH and there is the lil Opelousas Station. Funny Retro launched in 09, Antenna in 12, and H&I in July this year on KDCG-CD. wonder if in 2018 something new will bump H&I off. Retro back then had good programming like Police Story, use to love watching that. I would'nt mind having some of Luken's other stations too......

I still think that when they dropped Universal´s shows, like 4-5 years ago, it all went downhill. :(

Back then I´d watch Kojak, Rorckford Files, Adam 12, Dragnet (in color), Magnum P.I.........

Reactions: osu1991
I see the number of big city stations that had it like Detroit and Buffalo.
yup that was one of the first national subchannels...back when the programming was good
Retro back then had good programming like Police Story, use to love watching that.

Retro was good when it first started...late 05. ....STORY TIME!!!
It was when Equity Broadcasting cut their ties with PAX (now Ion) on a few stations. They needed something to fill it with so at night they had 3 hours of shows and called it "RTN" (Retro TV Network). In 06 when WB & UPN died and CW & My were created that left a lot of stations in Equity's profile (as they had a lot of WB stations and didnt get CW when it launched). They had a lot of good programming. I've posted schedules in the past.

When Luken got a hold of it (Equity sold it to Henry Luken...who was previously their CEO) they started doing the subchannel gig. But both Equity and Luken were in money trouble. Equity went belly up before the transition. Luken chugged along but lost the rights to most of his shows to MeTV/AntennaTV/Cozi.

Schedules for 1st & 2nd quarter 2009
Schedule ROCKED back then!!

Attachments

• RTN.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 269
  • rtn 2nd q schedule.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 242
Schedules for 1st & 2nd quarter 2009
Schedule ROCKED back then!!

Those were the days, back then there was no COZI, and as I remember RTV would air the full show, some of the shows were 50 solid minutes or 25 solid minutes in a 60 or 30 minute time slot.

Some of those old classic shows are chopped to 40 something or less than 25 minutes to fit in more commercials, when aired in other channels

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts