Return of Equipment

i'll bet 1000 dollars they wont send boxes or people to collect the recievers- the company is dead why would they want them??? who installs used eguipment???? Use a little common sense if they had stayed in business and after a year you cancelled they MIGHT send a box to get it back but not likely, relax! I'm happy with my $1 ota hd setup!!!!!! :)

Actually, for the cost of postage, they may be able to sell them off in bulk, might do a bit better than break even, but I bet it wouldn't be much.

Anyway, I'll bet that they've figured out that if they send out boxes, they'll get around %90 percent return rate. For a few of us who say "Uh-uh...you come get them AND your antenna"...they'll walk away.

Had this same discussion in another forum where someone mentioned the possibility of being "obligated" to send the equipment back. I just don't see it. I didn't sign anything saying that I was in any way responsible for returning their equipment. If they want it, they can come and get it. I'm available for the de-installation visit between 6-9pm, and Saturdays, 8-12pm :)

Lob

gunn55 said:
Not true you can still use it even on a 18 inch dish.
Example pics below with E* using pipe clamps, tape or rubber bands with a wedge etc.

ok a installer would not even go there or this installer wouldn't so my answer is still no unless you want to do it your self and rig it up like this guy has. But i would say 99% of customer would not want something like this on there house.

t

smeagal said:
the company is dead why would they want them??? who installs used eguipment????

The receivers, if modified, work with StarChoice. If you were renting a VOOM receiver you didn't always get a brand new receiver. Especially last May when there was a massive shortage of equipment, you got what ever receiver your installer could get their hands on.

StarChioce also has started a rental plan instead of customers buying equipment. So some new Star Choice customers are going to be renting equipment. Since you are renting you aren't guarenteed brand spanking new equipment. 46,000+ (we don't know how many uninstalled receivers there are laying around) rebranded and modified VOOM receivers would be a very inexpensive way for StarChoice to obtain receivers for those who rent equipment instead of buy. If I was renting equipment I would much rather give renters used equipment instead of new. If a sub skips town with the receiver you are going to be out of a lot less than if the receiver was new.

gunn55 said:
Not true you can still use it even on a 18 inch dish.
Example pics below with E* using pipe clamps, tape or rubber bands with a wedge etc.

Of course I loved the Ductape install. Rock On !

ralfaro03 said:
that dish install looks so getto! :shocked

Actually the dish itself looks like chit no matter what the size placed anywhere.

I have several of these ugly's placed around my home and to me a couple clamps or velcro or ductape ain't gonna make them any worse looking, functionality aside. :smug

So getto??? :haha

DucTape said:
Actually the dish itself looks like chit no matter what the size placed anywhere.

I have several of these ugly's placed around my home and to me a couple clamps or velcro or ductape ain't gonna make them any worse looking, functionality aside. :smug

So getto??? :haha

yeah i could see a installer coming with there duc tape and telling the customer well we have run out of phase III dish so i have to duc tape another lmb to you existing dish. PLEASE

tyork

TYORK said:
yeah i could see a installer coming with there duc tape and telling the customer well we have run out of phase III dish so i have to duc tape another lmb to you existing dish. PLEASE

tyork

:shh I have done that. :haha

In the "Voom Residential Account Activation" agreement the section # 2 titled "Receiver Lease" it says "I understand that Voom retains ownership of the receivers and access cards installed. And I agree to return them to Voom if I disconnect. I agree to pay $399.00 loss/damage fee for each receiver and access card not returned in good working condition within 30 days."

They do not mention anything about the remotes, cables, splitters, amps, LNBs, dishes or mounts.

So by signed agreement that would mean that ONLY the RECEIVER and CARD need to be returned.

I wonder if the remote is to heavy to be payload in a "g" type engine amateur rocket. lol :cool:

-scott

But is this not the key "And I agree to return them to Voom if I disconnect". I did not disconnect they did....

Well I am not disconnecting their service. Their serivce is being ceased by them due to going out of business. Is this a loop hole...LOL

Dammit someone bet me to the punch line...

jimmykce1 said:
Well I am not disconnecting their service. Their serivce is being ceased by them due to going out of business. Is this a loop hole...LOL

Dammit someone bet me to the punch line...

If someone shows up and wants the receiver they can have it but all they need to do is sign for it and show authorization to collect for VOOM after the service goes dead. If they want their dish and wineguard antenna they can have that too. I never had their antennas installed as the installer used my present satellite infrastructure and antenna system I had prewired into the theater room. I still have their antennas in the boxes in storage since this was a lease.

Once their signal goes dead. I plan to send VOOM a letter, telling them to make arrangements to pick it up within 30 days by appointment, or forfeit the equipment. I will state in the letter that a lack of response will be an indication of their decision to forfeit. In addition, any request to collect the equipment after the 30 day period may be possible if the equipment is still on the premises, however a storage charge of $110 per month will have to be paid by certified or cashier's check or money order prior to pickup.

Don,

I probably would think Voom is going to declare bankcruptcy and declare all the equipment a loss.

Don Landis said:
Once their signal goes dead. I plan to send VOOM a letter, telling them to make arrangements to pick it up within 30 days by appointment, or forfeit the equipment. I will state in the letter that a lack of response will be an indication of their decision to forfeit. In addition, any request to collect the equipment after the 30 day period may be possible if the equipment is still on the premises, however a storage charge of $110 per month will have to be paid by certified or cashier's check or money order prior to pickup.

Nicely put Don. Now is there anyone here that is a Lawyer that might be able to donate their time to put that in writing so that we may all send such a LEGAL letter to VOOM? It would be the perfect final word!

-scott

Don if you do so make a second copy and mail it to yourself and make sure the letter gets postmarked. You will then have proof you have sent it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts