Voom dish with E equipment?

wgolab

Original poster
May 1, 2005
Hi guys, I signed up for dish last week and it's getting installed tomorrow(may 2). I want to get the voom channels, but im confused about this whole two dish thing. I currently have the voom dish on my roof. Is there and way I could use the voom dish to pick up the voom channels from 61.5 and just plug it in to the dish reciever? Would I have to change anything and what? I read something about a LNB but I don't know what that is. Thanks in advance for any help.

It all depends. Since you are a new sub they will install you with Dish Pro (DP) equipment. This means that you will probably not able to use the VOOM LNB since it will not be compatible. You will probably need to pay for this and also you will need the DP switch. So expect some extra charges to get the 61.5 working with your setup.

On the other hand if it is legacy hardware, you may be able to use the VOOM LNB but you will still need a legacy switch.

I got installed yesterday and the installer hooked up my voom dish(and LNB) to the dish 500 System. When he checked he could not get 61.5. he then remembered the for the dish500 to work with the 61.5 IT HAD TO BE A DISH LNB. He left for a few minutes to pickup his son from sports practice and when he came back he told me he had pulled a dish off of a vacant house he had uninstalled not long ago. He said the installers had the option of getting dishes off the houses at the uninstall but that most didn't this saved him a 30 minute drive.

My 942 didn't arrive friday so right now I'm running two 522's and monday he'll bring the 942 for me when I get home from work.

Hope this helps, Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts