Voom sold customer list to E*??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
I just wanted to post what happened to me yesterday when I called E* to inquire about adding another receiver to our account. We had E* installed just before Voom went dark.

The CSR I spoke with immediately after accessing my account, said "I see that you are a former Voom customer" I asked him how they knew that because I never told E* and did not sign up via their Voom offer. He said that he had no idea where his info came from, but if I did not tell E*, then Voom must have sold the list to E*.

This would explain the 15 phone calls we received from the Voom Conversion office. I basically told those people that I had already signed up for E* and to never call me again. Eventually the calls stopped but it was an annoyance. The people that called me were very ignorant about Voom and E* too.

Back to my conversation with the E* CSR. He said that he was glad that I was now with a superior provider. I expressed my opinion that both E* and Voom have advantages and disadvantages. I said that E* offers DVR's and more channels but Voom offered many more HD channels and a better customer experience. He argued that the HD channels carried by Voom which are not offered by E* are all up-converted and are garbage. I fought back by telling him even if a channel is up-converted, it still looks much much better than the SD crap you are sending out:)

I cut the argument off right then because it was a waste of time. I chose E* only because Voom went dark and did not appreciate having the E* rep say negative things about Voom.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant - I really do miss Voom :(

I work for Dish ( DNSC tech ) and I have the same feeling as you about Dish Network .. :down

R.I.P Voom .. :(

Alto101 said:
I just wanted to post what happened to me yesterday when I called E* to inquire about adding another receiver to our account. We had E* installed just before Voom went dark.

The CSR I spoke with immediately after accessing my account, said "I see that you are a former Voom customer" I asked him how they knew that because I never told E* and did not sign up via their Voom offer. He said that he had no idea where his info came from, but if I did not tell E*, then Voom must have sold the list to E*.

This would explain the 15 phone calls we received from the Voom Conversion office. I basically told those people that I had already signed up for E* and to never call me again. Eventually the calls stopped but it was an annoyance. The people that called me were very ignorant about Voom and E* too.

Back to my conversation with the E* CSR. He said that he was glad that I was now with a superior provider. I expressed my opinion that both E* and Voom have advantages and disadvantages. I said that E* offers DVR's and more channels but Voom offered many more HD channels and a better customer experience. He argued that the HD channels carried by Voom which are not offered by E* are all up-converted and are garbage. I fought back by telling him even if a channel is up-converted, it still looks much much better than the SD crap you are sending out:)

I cut the argument off right then because it was a waste of time. I chose E* only because Voom went dark and did not appreciate having the E* rep say negative things about Voom.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant - I really do miss Voom :(
:down

Well if you look at another thead, E* bought a minority interest in VOOM so I am sure the customer list came with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)