Returned to 4DTV and C-Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
Just got back on today with my 4DTV unit and a newly acquired 7.5ft Winegard dish. I have the 905 and still using the preloaded maps from 2006 when I had to abandon the old dish to move. Currently watching unencrypted channels on GB which shows it still works.

Question is......How do I go about getting newer maps for open channels? Been reading and a call to skyvision saying all the sub channels are on W5. From all the threads floating about to me it seems that once I do the whole new map thing all I will have is W5 and no other satellite maps to chase the unencrypted channels on other satellites.

Just got back on today with my 4DTV unit and a newly acquired 7.5ft Winegard dish. I have the 905 and still using the preloaded maps from 2006 when I had to abandon the old dish to move. Currently watching unencrypted channels on GB which shows it still works.

Question is......How do I go about getting newer maps for open channels? Been reading and a call to skyvision saying all the sub channels are on W5. From all the threads floating about to me it seems that once I do the whole new map thing all I will have is W5 and no other satellite maps to chase the unencrypted channels on other satellites.

4DTV Online... Final Work Around Instructions

The preloaded mapps will remain but the generics will be lost so you will still have enough sat to chase unencrypted channels.

Candid

4DTV Online... Final Work Around Instructions

The preloaded mapps will remain but the generics will be lost so you will still have enough sat to chase unencrypted channels.

Candid

If you follow my 4 step to no brick instructions you do not loose the Generic's. You only loose them if you do the 7 steps from SRL or Skyvisions plans with doing a Master Reset. This was the whole purpose behind my involvement and simplified instructions. To have the ability to keep the generic maps and other 60+ satellite tiles. I fought hard for a workaround, and if everyone would have followed the instructions posted on my site starting back in December, got the proper X4 tile starting at ch 201, there would have been very few issues. Unfortunately people didn't listen or didn't know about what was needed to be done or was told something else (With the help of NPS's B.S.) There are headaches now. One's that have problems have a few options. They can try to get X4 by using one of the Skyvision written procedures that retain the maps or do a Master Reset and be satisfied with the stock 21 tiles and X4.

I have headed up the final solution to our Master Reset map problems with the 4Play TNG team. When that becomes a reality we will be able to load a pre 1/4 state back in our IRD's. More info here: http://www.themusicworkshopchicago.com/4dtv/4play.htm

Last edited:
If you follow my 4 step to no brick instructions you do not loose the Generic's. You only loose them if you do the 7 steps from SRL or Skyvisions plans with doing a Master Reset.

You are correct, the post was written badly I should have said in a worst case scenario and a reset is need there will still be preloaded mapps to surf for feeds.

I did your 4 step instruction on my 922 and I still have 66 tiles and a tdt of 1752.

Thanks,

Candid

X4 originally was the ku side of Galaxy 16 (G4) Motorola in their laziness remapped it to a c band satellite instead of creating a new C band tile. This is one of the reasons IMHO there are so many issues.

To clarfity, X4 would be C side T5 or the actual Ku side of G4?

X4 is cband at the same location as W5 105. The X4 you have is the old Ku X4. Remove the settings and reprogramme X4 at the same location as W5 and then do a soft reset or unplug the receiver and let it sit on W5 216 to download the new X4 map.

Candid

Does he have W5 to start with? I get the idea he don't since the maps he has are old. If that is the case that's where the problems begin. Roll back 30 days and it wouldn't have been an issue to pick up W5 over at G1-3. Now its a problem.

True, he will have to tell us what tiles he has so we will know what options are available to assist him. He should have G0 as I saw someone used that in another post to download the maps.

Candid

Does he have W5 to start with? I get the idea he don't since the maps he has are old. If that is the case that's where the problems begin. Roll back 30 days and it wouldn't have been an issue to pick up W5 over at G1-3. Now its a problem.

W5 has only been around for a couple years now ;)

If you follow my 4 step to no brick instructions you do not loose the Generic's. You only loose them if you do the 7 steps from SRL or Skyvisions plans with doing a Master Reset. This was the whole purpose behind my involvement and simplified instructions. To have the ability to keep the generic maps and other 60+ satellite tiles. I fought hard for a workaround, and if everyone would have followed the instructions posted on my site starting back in December, got the proper X4 tile starting at ch 201, there would have been very few issues. Unfortunately people didn't listen or didn't know about what was needed to be done or was told something else (With the help of NPS's B.S.) There are headaches now. One's that have problems have a few options. They can try to get X4 by using one of the Skyvision written procedures that retain the maps or do a Master Reset and be satisfied with the stock 21 tiles and X4.

I have headed up the final solution to our Master Reset map problems with the 4Play TNG team. When that becomes a reality we will be able to load a pre 1/4 state back in our IRD's. More info here: 4Play The Next Generation

How come I only have 39 satellite tiles including the generics? I did everything I was supposed to prior to 1/4 & everything is as it should be with X4. I haven't converted yet but still, I only get 39 tiles. Is it because I only have a C-Band LNB & not a C/KU band LNB? Just wondering.

X4 is cband at the same location as W5 105. The X4 you have is the old Ku X4. Remove the settings and reprogramme X4 at the same location as W5 and then do a soft reset or unplug the receiver and let it sit on W5 216 to download the new X4 map.

Candid

Ok I never did the conversion, but I did as this post said with the exception of unpluging my 4Dtv, and it seams to have loaded the maps for X4, is this supposed to happen?
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)