Did Something Happen Today ? lost programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
New England
Did something happen that would make my SLS programming go away today ? (didn't realize it until after SLS was closed) the reset password trick won't work now either. Something's changed.

And what's TDT ? pro's instruction site says,"If you have a high TDT, 1920 a Master Reset is required."

Now sitting on G0-10 like the instructions said made me lose T7

was going through skyvisions alternate 922 instructions, sat on go-10 and now Ive even lost T7... which i still had when i made the last post what is going on ?

What is SLS programming? TDT Memory overload.

www.[B]sls[/B].org/

SLS is what i think they call Programming Center | 4DTV Programming. I think they work together with Skyvision. Programming-center.net is where I have my subscription right now and use WebSams to log in and try to get rehits (so far unsuccessful)

Why isn't the acronym for memory overload MO ? what's TDT stand for, so it helps to remember it :)

Thats SRL
Satellite Receivers Limited

oops SRL. Im going SS (Satellite Senile) before I've even begun

So does anyone know if something happened today that would make me lose programming ? and make it so reset password wont work anymore to give a mini hit and allow me to see something ?

Last edited:
Did you convert and sub to 4160? If not maybe CK 3535 on 4096 went OC. I can't tell since I'm on 4160 I have CK 3635. Everything fine here.

I have been posting on my site for a while that the 3535 category key will expire and for those with it to convert or loose any free programming. You can see if it went OC by going to options 6,0,5 Diagnostics B. If it shows OC there is nothing you can do but convert if you want subscription programming.

You can only have 1920 TDT entries then the memory is full and weird things happen. My TDT is 1748. Download the Diagnostics Manual on my site, it explains all about the diagnostic screens and what they mean.

Last edited:
Whats your TDT? If it's 1920 it will cause satellites to become lost when new maps are added. G0 contains channels maps for the conversion.

TDT stands for Transponder Data Table. I find it easier to remember when the words can be associated too. Like, for instance, Satellite Receivers Limited (SRL). ;)

DRCars

Did you convert and sub to 4160? If not maybe CK 3535 on 4096 went OC. I can't tell since I'm on 4160 I have CK 3635. Everything fine here.

I have been posting on my site for a while that the 3535 category key will expire and for those with it to convert or loose any free programming. You can see if it went OC by going to options 6,0,5 Diagnostics B. If it shows OC there is nothing you can do but convert if you want subscription programming.

You can only have 1920 TDT entries then the memory is full and weird things happen. My TDT is 1748. Download the Diagnostics Manual on my site, it explains all about the diagnostic screens and what they mean.

My EMM is still 4106, because I had to use that reset password thing to get programming. Nothing else worked, even with Skyvision's help (before the 13th, havent tried since) I was watching the satellites i usually watch plus the subscription on W5. it just disappeared yesterday. I don't see OCC on diagnostics B anywhere.. I do look at your site but didn't notice CK anything, I dont even know what a CK key is.

Could you tell me which lines you're referring to on the diagnostics B screen ? the reference names in the manual don't seem to correlate with my newbie brain translation of satellite terms I see on here

Hope this clears it up.

Here is the information Genna (see attached) It shows where to look for OC (Old Category), The monthly category key (Current is 3635) and TDT this is in Diag G

Your EMM has to be either 4096 (Motorola) or 4160 (Comcast HITS)

Attachments

• TDT.jpg
    TDT.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 268
  • diagB.jpg
    diagB.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 266
Today is the 22nd. A lot of people have a billing cycle with The Programming Centre that expires on the 22nd. I'm not at home right now to see if my MTV mini-sub that was supposed to expire today has gone away or not. I checked Websams and it shows as still being valid on my account.

Today is the 22nd. A lot of people have a billing cycle with The Programming Centre that expires on the 22nd. I'm not at home right now to see if my MTV mini-sub that was supposed to expire today has gone away or not. I checked Websams and it shows as still being valid on my account.

I don't think Genna is converted though.

Mine says the 24th but its on autorenew, it stopped working yesterday (22nd)

Last edited:
Here is the information Genna (see attached) It shows where to look for OC (Old Category), The monthly category key (Current is 3635) and TDT this is in Diag G

Your EMM has to be either 4096 (Motorola) or 4160 (Comcast HITS)

Thanks for posting those images, saved the links to them in case some other hapless 4dtv victim needs them :) My EMM is 4160, my "CK" says 3435 the sub mode is US my "TDT" is 1708.

Whatever all that means. I'm still a bit sketchy about "US" unidentified service working even after browsing through the posts. I'm sitting on T7 (wishing it would come on so im not in complete silence here)

I don't think Genna is converted though.

No, I don't think I am. I used the Jerry rig method of the password reset hit (1 trip count) to yank the programming back in but could never get the activate service/rehit unit to kick in.

I used it as a last ditch effort just to be able to see something. I dont get OTA anything where I am and have capped broadband, so I cant really watch much streaming online to speak of. This is why this is particularly important to me, especially in the winter when im holed up like a hibernator :p

I also think whatever moves the dish may be partially frozen. It doesnt want to go to its usual East limit of 4185, now stops at 4782 but im not trudging out to the dish its far away from the house in a pasture in 3-4 feet of snow, so Im going to have to hold off on trying it again anyway, it will go to X4 but balks at moving to W5 even though their positions i think were the same. Will have to wait for a warmer day. I wish there werent just pizza warmers but some made for bigger dishes

Last edited:
Genna said:
No, I don't think I am. I used the Jerry rig method of the password reset hit (1 trip count) to yank the programming back in but could never get the activate service/rehit unit to kick in.

I used it as a last ditch effort just to be able to see something. I dont get OTA anything where I am and have capped broadband, so I cant really watch much streaming online to speak of. This is why this is particularly important to me, especially in the winter when im holed up like a hibernator :p

I also think whatever moves the dish may be partially frozen. It doesnt want to go to its usual East limit of 4185, now stops at 4782 but im not trudging out to the dish its far away from the house in a pasture in 3-4 feet of snow, so Im going to have to hold off on trying it again anyway, it will go to X4 but balks at moving to W5 even though their positions i think were the same. Will have to wait for a warmer day. I wish there werent just pizza warmers but some made for bigger dishes

I'm no expert but something does sound wacky.

As I understand it W5 and the "new" X4 are in the same position. X4 used to be Ku band it is now C Band and is used for the Comcast SAC (sky vision/srl) to you & me.

So....I don't know why your dish is trying to move between those two sats - check the position setup.

Also, you mention that you didn't convert, but you did do SOMETHING that required you to do the password reset from WebSAMS.

Your EMM is the Comcast one, so you have changed from Moto.

What package(s) do you have thru WebSAMS? Did you buy these before the changeover (Moto EMM)?

Perhaps you could post a quick recap of your setup, the steps you've take and when - I think we're missing or overlooking a key bit of info.

I just did some checks on my 922.

I have not done ANY of the conversion steps, I have not rehit since I purchased my sub back in October or whenever it was.

For the past few months we don't move from W5, so that is where the dish sits. Dish moving for updates is turned off.

Current Diagnostics
EMM = 4096
CK: 3435
TDT: 1748

I only ever had 3 sats programmed in: W5, G5, G1

Now I have X4 (to the left of W5) - so I presume this was added by Skyvision/SRL/Motorola ??

Switching between W5 and X4 makes "no difference" - that is, programming and channels are the same.

Example: W5-625 (Discovery Science) is the same on X4-625

Not sure if this helps Gemma, I'm just feeding the thread :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts